Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Sent a package to the wrong address
    I wasn't sure where this would fit best, but here goes.

I sent a package to my step-dad and sister and realized today (2 days later) that I had sent it to the wrong address. It usually takes 3-4 days to get a package from here to there.

Is there anything that I can do to get the package to the correct address?
    kndjcp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 04:30 AM
    You can go to the post office and request to recall the package and have it returned to you and you can resend it with the correct address.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 08:22 PM

Usps , fedex or ups?
    SHM76 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    I wasn't sure where this would fit best, but here goes.

I sent a package to my step-dad and sister and realized today (2 days later) that I had sent it to the wrong address. It usually takes 3-4 days to get a package from here to there.

Is there anything that I can do to get the package to the correct address?

What was the despatch method you used - via TNT? UPS? DHL? USPS? FEDEX? If your package was sent via any of the above, then you should be able to, using their provided tracking numbers, retrieve the package and resend it to the correcet address.
    Vision Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 10:43 PM

At this point the package is probably there already. We'll see what happens. Hopefully the folks drop it off at the post office.
    Vision Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 10:44 PM
    It was USPS.
    livetofreak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
    I had a similar problem, my friend sent it to an apartment number which does not exist. USPS, it was a normal envelope with a card inside it. He says he wasn't given a tracking number, which is a problem now to track it. I called the post office, they said they'd probably have sent it back to the sender now, but he hasn't received it yet, it's been over 2 weeks. Sitting ducks now!
    duskhunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 05:15 AM
    I have a similar problem in that I got two labels muddled and got the parcels crossed. |One was sent parcel post yesterday £8.80 it cost to send. I just wondered if there was anyway I can intercept and send to the correct buyer or readdress the parcel when it arrives to the correct address without having to pay the £8.80 again? Royal Mail

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer has the wrong DNS address [ 4 Answers ]

I can connect through my network places, but I can't log on remotely to computers in the domain. I can use the internet, but I can't access internal web sites. This started I think or maybe concidentally around the time I installed a new VPN connection. I uninstalled all the vpn connections/and...

Address is wrong on lease is it still binding. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a business lease and due to financial issues I must vacate the property. The address for the space I lease is wrong, is it still binding?

Wrong address on email [ 1 Answers ]

There's a place where it says "history, today, Monday, etc. How can I delete that Daily? When I send an email to several people and one of the emails is said to be wrong (damien mailer), does that email still get sent with the other people on it?

Option: Relocation Package or Bonus Package - What is Better? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been offered a lump sum relocation package or it can also be a lump sum bonus package. I live in FL and will by moving to NYC. What would be the best offer to take with the least in taxes?

Bills to wrong address/collections [ 1 Answers ]

I received some medical care while in Arizona, and apparently they used a device on me that was purchased from another company that I was responsible for. I moved to another state shortly after. Yesterday I noticed that I have a mark on my credit report for the debt placed for collection. I...

View more questions Search