Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gephill Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Capacitor replacement
    MY sons A/C outside fan stops running yesterday. Here in GA it was hot as Obama. Having a rental unit not in use and it being Sunday I removed the capicitor from the rental unit's A/C. However it was a 440 VAC 60 Hz the originl was a 370 VAC 50-60 Hz. My question although the capacitor worked and the A/C is working will it damage anything.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 11:01 AM
    The value in uF should be the same, higher working voltage generally increases reliability and cost for a first order reason. So, it won't harm anything.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Aug 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I disagree with your Obama reference, but your cap will work fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser fan motor replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump and have purchased a replacement condenser fan motor. It had an Emerson KA55HXPAM-7255 and was crossed over to an A O Smith ORM 1008. My problem is the wiring, the new motor has one more wire than the old one. I had orange, brown, black on the old one. The new one has...

Rheem AC Condenser Fan Replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace the condenser fan motor and associated capacitor (dual 40/5 uF). Of course the new motor has and four wires instead of three. Old motor has Black Orange and Brown wire. Black comes right from through the contactor. Orange and Brown are hooked up to the capacitor. Orange comes off...

Condenser Fan Motor Replacement [ 9 Answers ]

I’m attempting to replace the condenser fan motor on a Trane XB1000. It originally came with a .25 hp GE motor with mounting stud that are about 3 inches apart. The only suitable replacement that specs out (type, volts, amps, rpm, etc.) is an AO Smith unit, but the mounting studs are about 3.75...

Condenser fan replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Condenser fan replacement procedure needed...

Condenser fan replacement confusion [ 3 Answers ]

The condenser fan on my outside unit stopped over the weekend. I opened it up and everything looked okay. I powered it all backup and it ran for half the night. I thought that replacing the fan motor would be the best bet. I had the capacitor tested and it passed. The new motor has many more...

View more questions Search