Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trischulte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Sewage odor
    In the last few weeks, there's a sewage odor from the crawl space beneath our house that has got progressively worse. I tried to crawl under but due to health problems I couldn't get to the back of the house. Now I live in Los angeles, so I know it's not a septic tank issue. I'm afraid to call a professional who tells me I have a major septic leak under the house and charge me five to ten grand. If it turns out to be the case then I will pay them their fair fee, but if there is something I can do to prevent being ripped off, please advise
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 17, 2006, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trischulte
    In the last few weeks, there's a sewage odor from the crawl space beneath our house that has got progressively worse. I tried to crawl under but due to health problems I couldn't get to the back of the house. Now I live in Los angeles, so i know it's not a septic tank issue. I'm afraid to call a professional who tells me I have a major septic leak under the house and charge me five to ten grand. If it turns out to be the case then I will pay them their fair fee, but if there is some thing I can do to prevent being ripped off, please advise
    You're going to have to send someone down there to check the situation.
    Even if you have a septic line leak we may be able to instruct a handi-man on how to repair it without eating up your life savings. But first we have to know what's wrong. Let us know! Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Odor.. please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very horrible odor from my vagina, I know I am and ot alone in this because. I have tried looking for solutions online and have found many women with the same problem. I wash everyday with anti bacterial soap and I use cotton underwear. At the end of they day there's white/brown stuff on...

Basement Sewage odor [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Sorry if my question is redundant, but I searched the posts and couldn't quite find one that met the same situation I have encountered. My wife and I recently bought a home that was built 3 years ago. It has 3 bathrooms, one being in the basement. The problem we have noticed is a...

Sewage odor inside of the walls [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Sorry if this was covered already, but I have a “mysterious” smell problem. :eek: We recently had our leach field replaced and tank pumped. Since then a sewage odor occurs near the downstair bathroom in the basement, but also travels up the walls into the 2nd floor bedroom and basement and...

Sewage Odor Throughout House [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I found this site by accident and am hopeful someone can give me advice. We are experiencing a sewage type odor throughout the house whenever water is turned on. I believe it happens when it is traveling through the pipes, hopefully not under my home. It ONLY happens when water is used....

Sewage odor in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We had just moved into a condo and are located on the 3rd floor. We now find that there is a sewage smell in the main bathroom every day. How can we find out what can possible be causing this? We also notice that the water in the bathroom toilet appears to have water flowing back and forth...

View more questions Search