Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gggurl2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 09:56 AM
    19 years old with 2 kids never worked is there any way I can file taxs
    I'm 19 I have 2 kids I have no income never worked is there a way I can file taxs
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Probably not; sorry!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 01:31 PM
    Try getting a job... like the rest of us. Then you can.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Smoothy, be nice! Many unemployed people are trying to get jobs, and have been for past two years.

Most businesses are simply NOT hiring right now.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 01:56 PM
    True... but 19, 2 kids, and NEVER held a job by their admission and looking for a handout? Priorities are backwards from what I read from the post. Which prompted my answer. I have nothing but sympathy for those who have lost jobs in the downturn, I personally know many... but have little for those who choose not to find one and I know some of those as well.

Could have just been a poor choice of words on their part (I hope) which would change everything.

By that I mean, where is the father and why isn't HE paying taxes or support... That would be reportible on a return if they aren't married, separated or divorced. Someone is claiming the kids as dependants. Unemployment is reportable as income... etc. Welfare is reportable as income. We need more information here.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 02:54 PM
    I agree that it does not look good for the 19-year old, whom, BTW, you assume is female. It is possible that the 19-year old is MALE and is trying to find a job to support the two kids.

More information would be nice, though!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    I agree that it does not look good for the 19-year old, whom, BTW, you assume is female. It is possible that the 19-year old is MALE and is trying to find a job to support the two kids.

More information would be nice, though!
    I am going to vote for female with a screen name incorporating girl in it.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Noted, but still uncertain.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 03:33 PM

[SoapBoxMode = ON]
    Please, please - let's keep the discussion on this board to questions and answers about TAXES! If you want to discuss social policies for the unemployed, unwed parents, etc etc please take it elsewhere. None of you truly know what the situation is with gggurl2010, and even if you did - it doesn't belong in this forum. Now back to your regularly scheduled program!
    [SoapBoxMode = OFF]
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 03:36 PM

Answer - file your taxes. List no income and no deductions for taxes.

I don't see the point but it can be done.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 03:43 PM
    And they didn't volunteer any information either... and it DOES matter because the tax code isn't exactly simple or fair (to those of us that work hardest) otherwise a LOT of tax preparers would be out of jobs. There is no simple yes/no answer with what the OP gave us. And stating lies or half-truths on a tax return can land you in jail, fines and repeated personal one-on-one tax audits by the IRS.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:35 PM

Okay, silly question here. I am a stay at home mom, I don't have an income, but I still have to file taxes every year. No, I don't get anything back (how could I?), but I do have to file, it's the law here in Canada.

I thought that the States were the same. Am I to assume that this isn't the case?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my boyfriend of 4 years file my kids on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been in me and my kids life for 4 years takeing care of me and my kids I go to school he supports us so can he clame them on his taxes

Live in GA worked in WA where to file? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an awkward situation that I can't really get any solid answers on. I started working straight out of college on January 9th 2008. I worked and lived in the state of GA until 4/6/08 then was "temporarily" moved to WA until 3/16/09. I have worked in WA for the past 11 months. I have also...

Dad has kids now mom has never worked child support? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife of 13 years has found a Internet boyfriend and ran off to northern California hiding with our 4 young kids. After making a dumb mistake posting pictures on a web site I was able to get full temp. custody of them with no visitation. My question is since she was a stay at home mom for the...

How should I file my Taxes if I worked in 2 States [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, How should I file my taxes, and what forms should I use? Last year while I was finishing my graduate degree in Utah, and I was also working at the university. By the way, I was an international student. Now I am working in Massachusetts, on my work permit visa (optional practical training...

View more questions Search