Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    centralpark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 11:20 PM
    Window Chains Painted Over - What can I do to get the window to open and close?
    When someone painted the windows of my apartment (a long time ago), they painted over the chains that allow it to open and close. The window opens, but stops short of getting the air conditioner in the window.

Can anyone suggest what to use to get the window to open just a bit more? I don't know if I should try to smear Vaseline or something else on it. Thanks so much for your help.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jul 18, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by centralpark
    When someone painted the windows of my apartment (a long time ago), they painted over the chains that allow it to open and close. The window opens, but stops short of getting the air conditioner in the window.

Can anyone suggest what to use to get the window to open just a bit more? I don't know if I should try to smear Vaseline or something else on it. Thanks so much for your help.
    Do you have the OLD window, if the chain is paint to track just pry it loose or tap on the chain to loosen up , make it flexible. You may have to scrap the paint of the track... the chain/rope is hook up with a weight inside the track for counter balance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painted wood cabinets stained from fireplace [ 5 Answers ]

My kitchen cabinets have become discolored from the fireplace located in the kitchen. What is the best way to remove these stains? The cabinets seem to have a lamenet finish on them and I cannot remove the stains. Thanks :

Mountain chains that border great mid-continental basin [ 1 Answers ]

What are the two major mountain chains that border the great mid-continental basin drained by the Mississippi River system?

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

Protecting painted outdoor furniture? [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know what is the best way to protect painted wood from the elements? Normally on bare wood I would use spar urethane,but they say not to use that on painted surfaces.

View more questions Search