Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brittany124 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 12:42 AM
    My b/f talks about other girl being attractive and that bothers me.
    My boyfriend sometimes talks about girls that he know and some that he dated. He talks about how they are pretty and attractive or sometimes about their body... it bothers me but when I say something to him he gets mad and says its no big thing. What should I do?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 01:45 AM
    How do you voice out ur feelings by the way?Normally its how u say it. When your mad, your guy will be mad too. But if you talk lovingly and try to be positive, that's the one they understand. Say like "Honey, u really have this eye on beauty and I knw u love me. I would appreciate more if you will minimize talking about "that".Im just not comfortable hearing it."
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 04:50 AM
    I don't think the tone in your voice helps much when someone is already very defensive over something.
    But when you put it in the I feel instead of the you always then that may work because it can minimize their defense mechanism, but I have known people that didn't even work with.

Next time he says something about an old female friend or ex say something like, "Yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean my friend -Jack- did that exact same thing".
    tropikool Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Tell him it bothers you, sounds like he's trying make you jealous or something, he needs to grow up and forget about the past and move on!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Why does it have to be bothersome? Girls are attractive. They ARE!

Dating someone, even dating someone seriously (are you two even that serious?) doesn't make you blind to the beauty of others. Talking to YOU about it could be useful, you know? Every guy notices other women and usually suppress it. Some don't, some talk to their girl about everything.

But some do bad things with those attractions and screw up their relationships, or just cheat. He's noticing and talking to you about it. He's still your guy, he's talking to YOU, this could be useful information, couldn't it?

Other than it making you uncomfortable, what harm does it do? Everything new makes someone uncomfortable, so is his honesty and freedom with you something you could get comfortable with? It may take time, but could you?
    debbiedaniel81 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Hi brittany124

I think you should tackle the problem head on. Don't shout or scream at him just calmliy tell him it bothers you. When you confronted him about it before he may not have been taking you seriously, and therefore thinks that's it OK to keep doing it. If talking calmly doesn't work then try a little role reversal and tell him about the hot guy you "bumped" into on the street today. Tell him how cute he was and how hot his body was and see how he likes it. If this doesn't work then you will have to seriously think long and hard about whether you can stay with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable with his actions. Everyone in a relationship will look at other people but what REALLY counts is he is not acting on it. If that happens kick him out the door.

Hope this helps.
    fjsmith81 Posts: 122, Reputation: 11

Jul 3, 2008, 10:57 AM
    DO NOT TELL HIM IT BOTHERS YOU. Honey just act like you don't care. A lot of men say things to see how their girlfriends react to situations like that. When he says that girl is hot or she has a nice body simply shrug and say OK or your right. I would go a step further and start talking about how attractive another man is. I don't think that he would like it that much and he just might get the hint. Overall men want to see how secure a woman is with herself. That is why they do and say things like that. My ex-boyfriend is a director in la and he works around beautiful women all day and initially he would comment on those women and I would agree with him and eventually after he saw that I didn't care he started telling me that I was the most beautiful woman that he had ever seen. (he is only my ex because of the long term relationship thing)
    wataboutnow Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Just tell him that it hurts you and if he can't understand that then he is immature and you might want to look at your relationship. Just tell him to do the looking with his friends.
    kimdeelee Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jul 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Tell him very calmly how that hurts you I'm going through the same thing with my man but he comments about women on TV and I can't stand it but I did tell him how I felt about and he has stopped (for now)
    kimdeelee Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jul 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Or if that doesn't work give him a taste of his own medicine and see how he likes it
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdeelee
    or if that doesn't work give him a taste of his own medicine and see how he likes it
    ... or better yet, how about you figure out why the commentary is so threatening to you and squash that so you two can enjoy all the beauty in nature including other people without feeling it is in any way demeaning to you.

Anybody here think they're the prettiest girl/guy in the mall? No? Good, cause we're not. Lots of pretty people. Look there's one now. And hey, I'm still the same old me, I haven't been diminished in any way by their beauty or the comment regarding it.

I think there is a difference between occasional comments and natural admiration... and OGLING like drooling puppy dog at every girl that walks by. If he's not doing the latter, then this isn't an issue he needs to solve. It's a self-confidence YOU need to acquire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He never talks [ 18 Answers ]

Hi there, I have this guy friend, we have known each other about 3 years at college. He doesn't talk much, but he loves to do hw with me and have lunch with me. BUT he doesn't talk much to me, all he did was like ask me if I want to get to lucn together or dinner together, I said sure,...

Here is something unexplained that really bothers me and I don't know what it is. [ 1 Answers ]

There are many things I do not understand that happen to me. I have gone through several experiences that I do not talk about because I feel I am going insane. One of these however, seems to have to do with a lot of the things that are happening. In this I will give as much information about...

My toilet talks to me. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! When my washing machine is running (which is located in the garage), my toilets and tubs start to fill up and/or overflow and water runs through the garage. This house was built in the 80's and I moved here in 1998. It seems like it's always having plumbing problems. There were a lot...

My 4yr. Old talks like a 2yr. Old [ 5 Answers ]

My son will be 5 this Aug. He has gone through one session of speech therapy that ended this past Dec. and will begin his second session this may followed through till end up June early July. I should start by saying that before he got into therapy he was even more behind than he is now. However...

My boyfriend still talks to a girl [ 6 Answers ]

My Boyfriend Still Talks To A Girl He Dated It Gets Me Mad/sad, Ive Asked Him Several Times To Stop He Says Ok But Still Talks To Her And I Find Out Behind His Back How Can I Get Him To Stop.

View more questions Search