Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missymyers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 04:53 PM
    rate of return and coupon rate
    I need someone to show me how to find the value of a bond when it gives a coupon rate and rate of return. The value of $1000 when the coupon rate is 7% and the required rate of return is 8%
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2008, 11:20 PM
    These are some other posts where I went over the basics:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...nd-181604.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...ce-199941.html

There was a third one and I can't find it now.

I need to stress that there are at least four ways I know of to solve for present values -- charts, equations, financial calculator & Excel -- and it helps to know what method you're using. But read those other posts and see what you can figure out, and then you can return and ask more questions as necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average rate of return, net present value, internal rate of return, & payback period [ 3 Answers ]

CAM Company is evaluating a project requiring a capital expenditure of $619,200. The project has an estimated life of four years and no salvage value. The estimated net income and net cash flow from the project are as follows: Year Net Income ...

The rate of return on a proposal is less than the rate used in the analysis [ 1 Answers ]

if in evaluating a proposal by use of the net present value method there is an excess of present value over the amount to be invested, the rate of return on the proposal is less than the used in the analysis. true or false

Coupon rate on a bond [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have to find the coupon rate on a bond but every formula I find requires the coupon rate to already be configured. How do I work backwards to get what I need? Example problem - Samantha's bonds sell for $1065.15. The bond life is 9 years and the yield to maturity is 7 percent. What...

View more questions Search