Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IceQueen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Scared Daschund Puppy
    Good morning. I have a beautiful 6 month old daschund puppy called Peanut! Recently she has been acting very weird. She is scared of loud noises and runs away... for instance, when I wash the dishes and they clank against each other it scares her... or when I open a drawer she runs away etc etc. I know something mustve happened to scare her that bad - but my question is this: What do I do to help her get over her fear of loud noises?? Any help would be most appreciated!
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2006, 01:00 PM
    I have a 2 year old doxie. She scared of loud noises also. She jumps, leaves the room, espiecially when vacuuming. She wasn't like this when I first got her. After awhile, she just gets used to loud noises, but still jumps. She likes to be the one making the noise. Not sure what there is to do. I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question.
    Trixiesperson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:29 AM
    I saw the dog whisperer Ceaser Milan help a dog with this problem. He put the dog on a leash so it couldn't run away. He then made the noises that scared the dog. He wouldn't let it run away. He simply stayed very calm and made the dog lay down. He did it over and over again for about 15 minutes and the dog was fine. Mind you he is a professional, but it was very effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Daschund Puppy Chewing Problems... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7mo. Old Daschund puppy. He is the sweetest dog, but he has a MAJOR chewing problem. He has no less than six toys, gets treats twice a day, and has adapted pretty well to potty training. Unfortunately, he chews on other things as well... - carpet - baseboards (he chewed it until...

Help! Aggressive Daschund Puppy... but only with me! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have an 11 week year old Alpha Female Daschund. She is such a cutey and I love her a lot. But when I tell her no bite, or I try and discipline her, she growls at me and attacks me. That is the only time she does though and all of the other times she is snugly and loving. She does not do...

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, well I'm 17 and I've never missed a period or varied on the days or anything like that. My family has a history of still having their period all throughout pregnancy, my mom, sister, aunt, grandmother, and 2 cousins all had bleeding for the first few months of pregnancy. I think I...

Little Scared [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently found out I was pregnant, but when I went to the doctor for lower abdominal pain. He told me that I am pregnant, but my HCG level is low. :( I had three ultrasounds and they didn't show anything and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm really worried that I may have a ectopic pregnancy...

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

On June 4th I had sex, I woke up today with some spotting, now my period is due June 13th but is usually late by a week or more. I did a hpt, and it was negaitive but that still does not mean anything. I have felt sick a little but sometimes I get that right before my period.I don't know what to...

View more questions Search