Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paddy2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Car rental for 19 y/o in usa
    I am 19 yrs old and looking to rent a car in usa, more specifically seattle. I was wondering if there is there any way to do so as all rental companies have a minimum age of 21 yrs old? :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 06:33 PM
    While of course the age for signing a legal contract is 18, part of the issue is the high cost and rules for the insurance they pay. So most require a older person to do the actual rental.

All I can think of, is to just call all the listed rental agenies and hope to find one.
    bestcarrentalti Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Usually, the only way you can rent a car at 19 is if you are a federal government employee on a business rental, or active duty military with travel orders that specify car rental.

One thing you may want to check is to see if the company you work for has a corporate account with any car rental companies. Some large companies contract their corporate accounts with certain car rental companies to lower the minimum age for their employees.

Source: Minimum Age, how old do you have to be to rent a car?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car battery or car generator [ 4 Answers ]

How do you tell if you need a new generator or battery? t-you

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Discount car rental issue [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I rented a van from Discount truck and car rentals last August. I had bought their insurance as well. They call me today out of the blue saying that they were audited in Jan 07 and it turns out that the damage to the roof was not covered in the insurance. They now ask me to pay 6K in...

Can rental car expenses be reimbursed after 4 years? [ 2 Answers ]

In 2003, my husband was driving home with our children when he was involved in an accident. Our car was hit in the side by a driver that went through a stop sign while attempting to cross the 2 lane street. My husband had no controls on his street (no stop sign, no light). We only had one car at...

View more questions Search