Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yamori Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Problem with Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat
    Hello,

I installed a new HOneywell thermostat in my house, heat only (2 wires: R & W). The thermostat is kicking the furnace/fan on for 10 second intervals, with 10 seconds in between, over the course of half an hour (usually when transitioning from cold to warm modes. i.g. leave to return). It's quite annoying, and mechanically I'm sure it's not good for the furnace. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I connect a honeywell rth2300 thermostat with only 2 wires coming out of the wall [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install a honeywell rth2300 programmable thermostat, but there are only 2 wires coming out of the wall and attaching to the old school thermostat. Will I be able to install this thermostat or do I need a different model? I am connecting only to a furnace, no ac. Thanks Po

How do I connect my honeywell rth2300 thermostat and make it stop when right temp. [ 12 Answers ]

My honeywell rth2300 has W,G,R,and B, COLORED wires connected, and my old thermostat had a yellow and white cable attached to mercury. To my understanding, digital thermostats don't have mercury, but they will lack connection of wires because there are only 4 coming out of the wall. How do I make...

Honeywell rth2300 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman ac/heat system. I recently installed a new Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat. Now, for some odd reason, the thermostat will not control the temperature correctly. If the heat is set t0 come on at 72 degree, the thermostat will not tell the heat to kick on until the temperature in the...

Installing new Honeywell rth2300 thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced an old digital thermostat with a new programmable honeywell. The wires coming out of the wall are as follows: Red White Blue Green In the old thermostat they were connected as follows: Red:Rh (jumpered to RC) White:W Blue:Y

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.