Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Houston007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2005, 07:21 PM
    Connecting 4" plastic to cast
    I am installing a toilet in my basement. I have a 4" cast pipe that is flush with the floor (Plug in it,no bell). I am installing a back outlet toilet and piping it over to the the 4" cast pipe. What do I need to connect the ABS to the cast pipe.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 10, 2005, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston007
    I am installing a toilet in my basement. I have a 4" cast pipe that is flush with the floor (Plug in it,no bell). I am installing a back outlet toilet and piping it over to the the 4" cast pipe. What do I need to connect the ABS to the cast pipe.
    If the cast iron is cut off then you'll need a Fernco Neoprene Coupling to connect the two. Good luck, Tom

Jun 10, 2005, 07:35 PM
    Pipe is flush with foor.
    Thanks for the reply. The pipe is flush with concrete floor. Do I have to chip the concrete around the pipe or is there a fitting that go's inside.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 11, 2005, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston007
    Thanks for the reply. The pipe is flush with concrete floor. Do I have to chip the concrete around the pipe or is there a fitting that go's inside.

Thanks
    If there's a inside coupling out there I haven't ran into it. You will have to chip out enough cement to slip a neoprene coupling down far enough to tighten the bands. Butt the two pipes togather and let the cast iron support the ABS. Cheers, Tom

Jun 11, 2005, 03:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for the info. Great Forum ;) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet , 4" pvc to 3" cast [ 4 Answers ]

I have a home with a basement and problems with a toilet on the first floor. I had to repair the floor because the old cast flange was leaking. I cut out The flange and around 4 foot of old cast 3" pipe. I repaired the floor and used a 4" pvc flange and 4" pvc pipe with a 4"to3" rubber boot to...

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

Connecting pvc to cast iron [ 1 Answers ]

How can I connect a pvc pipe to a cast iron bell? What type of adhesive should be used?

Connecting PVC Line to Cast Iron pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I am adding a second bathroom to an older 1-1/2 story house. I had planned to tie into the existing waste line. The existing toilet is on the first floor and discharges directly into a vertical cast iron pipe which appears to be 6 inches in diameter. This vertical pipe connects in the crawl space...

Shower flange"cast iron" [ 3 Answers ]

I have a stand alone shower on a slab foundation that leaked I pulled the floor out and the cast iron flange for the liner is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. How do I go about this and where do I get the parts.

View more questions Search