Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 10:34 AM
    1993 Jeep
    I have a 1993 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter 155,000 miles. I seem like when it gets hot, it starts to slowdown and sparkrattle. If I am running down the road and it decides to do this , I can shut it off and after a while it will run OK. It never shuts off but it will only run about 20 mph. Like I said it spark rattles terrible and is so sluggest. Any ideas?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 15, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Hmm.. Ignition coil/module overheating.. If that was the case, your truck should stall. That truck shares a lot of parts with other manufacturers, so there is plenty of after-market suppliers that can provide economical parts, but they may come with a limited life. Try acoil (that is usually the easiest and cheapest start ( then try it. The ignition module and/or pickup should be referred to someone experienced with that wort of thing. Ask for references and credentials...
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by igottogonow
    I have a 1993 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter 155,000 miles. I seem like when it gets hot, it starts to slowdown and sparkrattle. If I am running down the road and it decides to do this , I can shut it off and after a while it will run OK. It never shuts off but it will only run about 20 mph. Like I said it spark rattles terrible and is so sluggest. Any ideas?
    Problem was clogged Catalytic converter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Jeep Good? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I am turning 16 and I would like to know a few ?'s about a Jeep Rubicon before I buy it. If you take the doors off will the side mirrors still be there on the jeep itself ? If I buy a hard top will I be able to replace it with a soft, lets say during the summer? Is there a such thing...

88 Jeep Cherokee Transmission [ 2 Answers ]

My son has an 88 Jeep Cherokee, Automatic 4X4. The reverse just went out in it. Goes in to drive OK, but nothing in reverse, I assume it's the transmission. My question is how safe is it for him to drive until he can get it fixed? I believe all the parts inside the transmission are different...

View more questions Search