Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JackValentine01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Trying to find someone in hiding
    As my topic says I am trying to find someone that I believe is in hiding

Ive tried looking up information but I can't find anything current.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 12:03 AM

Is he convict? How about going to a police?
    JackValentine01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 12:07 AM

No they don't have a criminal record

They called a couple days ago from a private number but I got disconnected
    Miller11 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

May 6, 2009, 07:39 AM
    If this person doesn't have a criminal record then why would they be in hiding? Does this person have any close family or friends around to where he/she could be staying at. You can contact the police and they can have private numbers traced. Good luck
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

May 6, 2009, 01:10 PM
    "Miller11" is correct to a point. Try known friends or family members. The police will not get involved simply because you wish to know where a call originated from.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    is he convict? how about going to a police?

The Police do not help people locate other people unless it's a criminal problem. The Police won't even find people in civil cases. If it is a criminal case often the Police will locate the person but they will not give that information to the complaining party.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 06:55 AM
    [QUOTE=ylaira agrees: post your own thread and please include name and other details...
    [/QUOTE]

Please - if a post should be moved, if there is some other problem - report it to the moderators. They do not read the "agree/disagree" ratings which, quite frankly, are out of place in this situation.

Miller11 agrees: it is not fair to post on someone else's post. Please open a new thread of your own and then I'm sure people will help you if they can

Ask Me Help Desk - FAQ
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 06:56 AM

The Police will not get involved unless there are threats and the person receiving the call can prove them.

My suggestion - depending on your motives, hire a Licensed Private Investigator to locate the person.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2012, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by findingnanook View Post
    pay a small fee and check Social Security office for place of employment

Please post your source of this information - I'm an investigator and I have to have a "source" in order to get SS information on a third party.

You have opened a very old thread and your info is incorrect.

If I am wrong, please correct me.
    findingnanook Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jan 2, 2012, 11:38 AM
    The question was, "how to find someone in hiding". I gave a generic answer. The procedure on how to obtain the information from the Social Security Office, was left up to the individual on how to obtain the information needed in order for them to proceed on their own.

My information is not incorrect.
    findingnanook Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jan 2, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Judy the source of my information comes directly from the Department of Social Security, Washington D.C.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Judy the source of my information comes directly from the Department of Social Security, Washington D.C.

Sure - post the site. I can't find it and I'm spending money to get this same information. You can save me time and money.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2012, 12:29 PM
    The question was, "how to find someone in hiding". I gave a generic answer. The procedure on how to obtain the information from the Social Security Office, was left up to the individual on how to obtain the information needed in order for them to proceed on their own.

My information is not incorrect.

No, you didn't give a generic answer. In case you've forgotten you said: "pay a small fee and check Social Security office for place of employment." I believe that is absolutely incorrect BUT now you have added that you got this info from SS so I am waiting to find out what the fee is and where you would apply to get the info on a third person.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Ok, how about giving some info,

Why were you talking to them, what county would they be from. What type of converstation where you having. Obviously they have your number to call you back.

Something illegal going on ?

There are some ways to find various people, but you have not given any info at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hiding saddness [ 12 Answers ]

This may sound a little like the how are you question, but when people ask me, "how are you," and I want them to know I am about to cry, but to shy to say iT, I don't know how to let them know. I say, "okay," they assume it's a good okay... And they will move on. I am shy, but want to learn to...

Hiding from paying tax [ 5 Answers ]

I know a lady who owns a cell phone store. But she doesn't sell cell phones, she sells airplane tickets, food, phone cards, and MANY more things I don't know about! I know for sure that she is doing it so she only pays tax once, for the cellphone store. She also sells videos. I'm really mad about...

Is she hiding something [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend Raven have... or HAD a really close friend and all of a sudden she just started acting really different. I mean she doesn't really talk to us as much, she doesn't goof off with us anymore, she doesn't even laugh at anything funny we do. We really feel like she is hiding something...

Running and in hiding [ 1 Answers ]

I have been collecting NJ DMV tickets since I've been 19 yrs old, I'm now 30. I had a run in with the law when I was 24 ( Theft charge ). Ok so this is my problem. I have about 19 DMV warrants, and I'm looking at my 3rd offense on my violation of probation. Recently I was charged with Fraud. I...

8 months. Old cat, hiding [ 2 Answers ]

My family just purchased an 8 month old Maine Coon cat. He had been living in an apartment with 3 adults, his parents and 2 other cats. He now spends the day under my daughter's bed and at night when we're sleeping, eats and uses the litter box. He lets us pet him when he's under the bed and has...

View more questions Search