Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animedude09 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
    People say that high school is the best time in your life pshhhh.
    Right now, it has been the most stressful. Here is my schedule
    English 3 H
    Physics
    Anatomy
    AP French
    AP US
    Pre-Cal

The thing is, is that only one of my teachers believes that we have lives outside of school, so on average I have about 3 hours of homework a night, with about 4 quizzes a week. I am intelligent and all, but still. Plus on top of homework I have an after school activity, and the ACT coming up. So on average I get home about 6 is then do my homework then sleep, that is my normal day. So why do they say that you don't know stress until you enter the "real world," maybe its because as a teen you don't have to worry about bills, but hello, when I get my car I will have to add a job on top of my load, to pay for insurance, and I already have to pay for my cell phone, plus I will have to buy my car. So lets just say I know what stress feels like. Anyway, anyone have any form on stress relieving activities that I could do over a weekend to help me out?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Try yoga. There are online instruction sites for simple poses or take a course at a Y.

Or try deep breathing. Here's a site:

Deep Breathing, Progressive Muscular Relaxation & The Relaxation Response - Relaxation Techniques from Mind Tools

You don't know what stress is like until you get to college. Then you're on your own. Sink or swim. Many sink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Going Into High School! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 13 years old and I'm going into High School. I am the youngest person in my grade and this means that I will be the youngest in the school, I'm a little intimidated, does anyone have any advice on what to do?

High school [ 7 Answers ]

Why is high schoool is too hard for me?

What is a high school [ 8 Answers ]

What is a high school

High school in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, do you have a list of the top 10 specialize high school in NYC? And if you know any reasonable private tutor for the SHSAT test... Thank you

View more questions Search