Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lafayette222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Honda accord radio problem
    98 honda accord ex... anti theft light is blinking, but nothing shows on the display. I think "code" is supposed to show in the display and then I enter the code and the radio is supposed to come on. If the display is blanK, could that indicate another problem with the radio?
    hdpatel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Not sure about that, but I have had my anti theft light (Honda Accord 2001 EX-V6) constantly on and blinking for the past week. The first day it was constantly on and I pulled the fuse to check it. No blown fuse, but when I put it back in the light started to blink. I pushed the on/off button and the CODE came on in the display. Entered the code everything worked, until later that day when I was getting back in the car to drive home. Then the light was blinking and I did the same as earlier that morning. This was my routine until 4 days into it and then the light stayed constantly on and pushing the on/off and removing and putting back the fuse did nothing. So no radio/music for 2 days before the light started blinking again and now I have been calling dealerships to see if they can fix. Nobody will fix it as it is out of warranty and the local auto radio repair guys will not touch it as it a factory installed radio. The only thing they can offer is to replace it with an aftermarket. Here is the funny thing, I have been reading another thread about the same problems with a 2003 Accord and I realized by A/C display went out the week before I started having my radio issue. Not sure if they are related as they have separate displays, but I am going to call America Honda (800) 999-1009 and see if there is anything they can do to fix both problems. Will let you know later if anything happens.
    hdpatel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Just called America Honda Customer Service. They have asked me to contact my dealership to do a Diagnostic Check and then call them back with the information. Not sure where this is going, but will let yous know. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Radio Lights Go Off [ 5 Answers ]

For those who have had the same problem, the radio lights go out, what is the fix for this. The fuses are all OK. Thanks for your help.

Honda Accord Headlight Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 92 Accord EX with 221,000 miles. Recently the left low and high beam headlights went out. I replaced both bulbs but did not solve the problem. The fuses are good. Both bulbs intermittenly turn on and off and not necessarily with motion, nor consistently. Could the Lighting Relay be the...

Problem starting a honda 91 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord that when you try to start it there is a tick tick tick noise. I had the starter checked and they said it was fine. I can sometimes start it in nuetral. It will also sometimes start in park. Any ideas on what it might be

View more questions Search