Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickaren Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Debt settlement company
    Anyone use US Debt Relief, INC? If so are you pleased with them? I am looking for a DSC now and feel overwhelmed with the thought of getting screwed. I have made some initial contact with Oakview Law Group through debtconsolidationcare.com. Anyone heard of them? I guess I'm looking for a trustworthy referral. Also, anyone heard of True de-bt Advisory? Thanks.
    ah03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 12:25 PM
    DON'T USE ANY DEBT SETTLEMENT COMPANY... The only thing that they do is ruin your credit and charge you thousands of dollars. If you need help, you should contact a non-profit credit counseling agency. These place do not charge fees and help you to get out of debt.

Don't trust the debt settlement companies!! You will owe thousands of dollars more on your debt, have your credit ruined and probably be sued in the meantime. Good Luck!
    ojdidit34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 05:42 PM

If you are struggling to make you're monthly payments and feel (as you should) a moral obligation to repay your debt a DSC is a proper move. I can recommend one of these companies for you. It is "The Credit Voice". There are fees. Unlike most DSC companies The Credit Voice will refund these fees to the penny if they are either unable to make a settlement for you, or you wish to leave their program. As for your FICO score, Certainly through this process it will be aversely affected. But if you are late on or have missed some payments the damage has already been done to that regard. Good luck with whatever your choice.
    ojdidit34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 05:47 PM

... AH03- just because you got burned baby, doesn't mean all DSC companies are unscrupulous. Relax on the industry slam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt settlement [ 6 Answers ]

I have just entered a dept settlement program and I am really scared. If any one has gone through this can you let me know if it did work. How long it took? My creditors are Chase and Target for approx 60k My fear is being sued. Also how long does the phone calls last from the creditors?

CC company offering a settlement? [ 1 Answers ]

The situation is this... The credit card company has offered a settlement that is lower than the balance on the card. The card is deliquent by months. Pay the settlement? How does that effect credit history and credit score? Would the company report this payoff?

Debt Settlement-What should I do [ 2 Answers ]

I enrolled in a program with Debt Shield about a year ago. I have since ended the program and settled 2 of the 4 cards on my own. The other 2 are with the same company, Discover Card, and on one account they filed suit. I answered the summons and countersued. It was been almost 2 months since I...

Debt settlement [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had any luck with a settlement company for debt? I'm going through the company, Superior debt relief. Of course, I thought I did my research but everything sounds the same when comes to these companies. I checked the BBB in the area that this co. is in and no complaints in 36months and...

Debt settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I signed up for a debt consumber relief group. But the calls are driving me crazy, they don't return my calls and now I'm getting notices in the mail from Lawyers thretening to sue if I don't pay. Has anyone had to deal with this before, I'm scared I'm not sure what to do, I don't have money to...

View more questions Search