Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolliipops Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Had my first period for four days. Then I received bright orange discharge, not brown
    Had my first period for four days. Then I received bright orange, not brown, bright orange discharge.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:34 PM

Bright orange? Are you sure?

This was your first period ever?

When you first start menstruating your body will take some time to adjust. Your periods will not be regular nor will they be what most consider normal. It's not a fun time, but it will end.

If you have any concerns then speak to your doctor about them.

Welcome to the world of womanhood.

Jan 17, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Bright orange? Are you sure?

This was your first period ever?

When you first start menstruating your body will take some time to adjust. Your periods will not be regular nor will they be what most consider normal. It's not a fun time, but it will end.

If you have any concerns then speak to your doctor about them.

Welcome to the world of womanhood.

It is definetely bright orange. Thank you.

Jan 17, 2010, 04:38 PM

That sounded rude I meant thank you for the other info. Haha. Sorry.
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:46 PM

No worries. :)

How old are you?

Does your mom know that you got your first period? I would tell her if you haven't.

I remember when I first got mine, and the years of weirdness that followed.

Sometimes being a woman sucks. This can be an awkward time in your life, but really, it does get to the point where you learn to accept it and it does regulate to the point where you can live with it, even forget about it. ;)

I would be making an appointment with your doctor, just to make sure that everything is okay. No, I don't think anything is wrong, but your body is changing and it's always a good thing to make sure that everything is right on track.

Jan 17, 2010, 04:48 PM

It was my very first time. I have told my mum. I am 14. And I will go to my doctor.
    Thank you.
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:57 PM

No problem.

I was 14 too. It was on Christmas eve. I still remember it. The cramps were horrible and I wanted to die.

Now I'm 39, two kids, and having my period really doesn't matter, doesn't change how I go about my life or the things I do.

Talk to your mom, she's been there, she's done that. I told my mom that I got my period but I didn't talk to her the first time I decided to try a tampon. I ended up passing out because I stole one from my mom and hers was super super plus absorbency and it was the last day of my period. I got it in, I couldn't get it out. Long story and it was indeed memorable. ;)

So, whatever you do, don't be afraid to talk to your mom. She's the one that can give you the best advice about this. :)

Jan 17, 2010, 04:59 PM

That sounds horrible. I do talk to my mum about these things, don't worry :)
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lolliipops View Post
    that sounds horrible. i do talk to my mum about these things, dont worry :)
    It was horrible. The only reason I did it was that I wanted to go swimming with my friends and I was worried that I hadn't completely stopped bleeding, even though it was the last day of my period.

So, instead of talking to my mom, asking her to get tampons that were more appropriate for last day bleeding, I took one of hers.

So I went swimming and after that I had to babysit my cousin. After he fell asleep I decided I better take the tampon out. I couldn't! It was too dry, too big and the swimming didn't help. I got it half out and passed out on the bathroom floor.

I ended up calling my mom. Both my parents came to pick me up. My mom stayed to watch my cousin, my dad and I went home. I finally got the darn thing out and for years after that I didn't use tampons. Big mistake. I hate pads. I'm not a baby, I don't need diapers, but I was afraid of tampons after that because I was too ill informed to realize that there were different sizes out there.

At 16 I finally tried again and I've never gone back.

The only reason I tried again was a good heart to heart talk with my mom and a shopping trip to buy the right products for me.

I could have saved myself a lot of heartache and embarrassment if I had just talked to my mom in the beginning. Also, there was no internet back then, I didn't have the option you have, Google. ;)

Jan 17, 2010, 05:11 PM

If only you talked to your mum. Well I'm glad you are fine with tampons now. Thanks for all your advice.
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lolliipops View Post
    if only you talked to your mum. well im glad you are fine with tampons now. thanks for all your advice.
    No problem.

It was a different time. A very different time.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge 12 days after period [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have looked through the forum and I have found nothing similar to the problem I have so here goes. The first day of my period was 12 days ago and today when I woke I noticed a brown discharge in my underwear, when I wipe the tissue is clear. I have never been this early before and...

Bright Orange Vaginal discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Last month I experienced horrible cramps during AND after my period, and went to the hospital. There, the doctor prescribed me doxcycline and flagyl, although he sad that it was too soon to tell what the problem could be (?) until lab results came back. I have contacted this office a number of...

My period is late by 2 days and now I have light brown discharge [ 2 Answers ]

I had my last period on the 13th of December and we're trying for a baby. Haven't got my period but I have cramps and very tender breast. I got a very light brown discharge. What can all this mean. Haven't done any pregnancy tests yet.

Brown Discharge few days before period. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 23 years old. I've been taking birth control for about 5 years and still taking them, and I’m sexually active. For the last 2 months before my period I got brown discharge and never had it before. I'm supposed to get my period in a few days and I got the brown discharge again for the second...

Brown hair dyed & turned bright orange mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am african american and my natural hair color is dark brown. It is natural (no chemicals). I got my hair dyed with permanent color and it turned a very bright orange/red. I would rather not go back to the salon. I want to try to darken it (tone it down) by using a dark brown...

View more questions Search