Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stella19801 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 02:27 PM
    Entering into quickbooks
    I have to enter things into quickbooks pro 2005, I am in the advances part of the class so the homework is not just some parts of a small business but, the whole outlook on the business.
    I am having problems trying to get this transaction put it.
    Purchased a 10,000.00 computer system on invoice.. paying 5,000.00 down with a check and 5,000.00 in a long term note.
    I have a debit of 5,000.00 on notes payable
    I have 5,000.00 under computer system which is a fixed asset account with a depreciation sub account.
    And I wrote the 5,000.00 check out of checking like it said to do..

What is wrong is that there should be 10,000.00 under computer systems and not 5,000.00 and I can not figure out what I did wrong.. please help!:confused:
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 8, 2006, 03:11 PM
    I believe it needs to be listed as 10,000.00 on the note payable with the 5,000.00 down entered as the first payment with check number, date, etc listed. That way it lists in fixed assets as 10,000.00 to be depreciated too.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 10:27 PM
    The JE you are looking for is:

Debit Computer 10,000
    Credit Notes Payable 5,000
    Credit Cash/Cheque 5,000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pc entering power saving mode [ 5 Answers ]

The power went out, and now my computer seems to be stuck in power saving mode. HELP please

Water entering basement from one corner [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 80 year old house, and have lived here 28 years. We have never had water in the basement (other than when the sewer cleanout needed cabling). Suddenly we have water (flowing the last 3 days!). No leaky pipes, no backed up drains. Before we knew the water was still coming in we had the...

Quickbooks Question [ 1 Answers ]

The company I work for has uncleared checks dating back to 1999. We want to get rid of these to have a true balance. How do I get rid of these without throwing off all of the other year balances? Is there a way to do it in 2004. I know you could do a journal entry but that wouldn't unclear the...

Hot water entering cold tank [ 11 Answers ]

The cold tank was overflowing. I changed the diaphragm valve, but the tank still overflowed. I then noticed that water was entering the cold water tank from the hot tank feed! The water in the cold tank was tepid and not cold! Time to call in the plumber! The plumber noticed that even when...

View more questions Search