Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah2145 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2013, 11:39 AM
    How does air pressure affect the weather?
    I am doing a project and I need help with how the air pressure affects the weather specifically Toronto and San Jose. I am not sure but I think that air pressure at lower elevations is hihgh which means the air pressure molecules move rapidly.
    GKKimber Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 07:44 PM
    Air pressure has 2 forms. Highs and lows.
    When high pressure is around the air is compressed, hence lack of clouds and high temps in the Summer. Low pressure is just the opposite, it allows moisture to build into the upper layers creating clouds and given enough energy from the jet stream, thunder storms.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 07:47 PM
    This is not a research site. If you were to Google "how the air pressure affects the weather" so would get tons of information that is factual.
    GKKimber Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 08:11 PM
    Apparently my degree does not matter, By all means. Google the answer.

We can not and will not do your homework... as mentioned before.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 08:56 PM
    Give a man a fish. Your degree did not show on the site, mine is in physics. We do not do homework but we do try to show people how to do basic research on their own dime. His initial question is a two week unit in our physical science curriculum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Weather King Gas Furnace does not blow out hot air. [ 0 Answers ]

My Weather King Gas Furnace does not blow out hot air. The ignitor glows orange and gets hot, then it shuts off, and then glows orange again. What is wrong? Do I need to relight the pilot?

How can simmulate the weather aboout air conditioners [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a colegous student I study in MA grade in mechanical engineering I want to find a proper what for simmulating air and find out effects of air conditioner system on air I really need your help Thanks a lot

I have a aqua air pressure tank model number v45. What is the max air pressure [ 0 Answers ]

I have a aqua air v45 system. Im reading 50 psi but hardly have any pressure coming out. What can I do

Does backflow affect water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with high water pressure on my fire sprinkler system. No one can figure out why. Does the backflow have any thing to do with pressure? That is the only replaceable part besides the gauge. Could something be stuck in the water pipes leading into the house? I am at a loss and so is...

View more questions Search