Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2019, 02:02 PM
    Driveway Question
    We have an old concrete driveway that's been falling apart for several years so it's time to replace it. One company wants to just put asphalt over the top with the exception of the worst spots where it would take up the old concrete. The other proposal is just to replace the concrete. Any ideas on asphalt vs. concrete?
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2019, 11:55 AM
    My concrete driveway is 47 years old and in relatively good condition with zero maintenance. Asphalt requires frequent resealing and tends to crumble at the edges. IMHO, you can't go wrong with concrete for durability and ease of care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driveway sealent question [ 0 Answers ]

Want to remove waterbased sealent from my interlock driveway so I can apply a oil based sealent. Can anyone recommend a good sealent remover? Thanks

Shared driveway with a fence at back part of driveway [ 2 Answers ]

We have a shared driveway with our neighbours. The portion of our driveway that is closest to back of house and yard is so narrow that it is impossible to park a car there. As a result we decided to fence in that portion of our upper driveway to add to our patio area. We built the fence in approx 6...

Can you reliably pour a new concrete driveway over an old concrete driveway? [ 2 Answers ]

The city came through a neighborhood that I have a rental on and elevated the road about 10 inches and installed new city sidewalks also 10 inches higher and poured a cheap asphalt ramp to the older cracked but functional driveway. In my mind I want to rip out the asphalt ramp, place some forms,...

Concrete driveway question [ 6 Answers ]

My contractor poured our concrete driveway and I am not to happy with the results. I have attached picture

Asphalt Driveway Resurface Question [ 1 Answers ]

We had our very long driveway-1000ft long-resurfaced yesterday with 2 to3 inches of hot asphalt. We're getting conflicting info on how long to safely wait before driving our cars onto it, parking on it, allowing trucks such as garbage and gardener or oil delivery etc to drive onto it. It looks...

View more questions Search