Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wazzaroonie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 09:05 PM
    80-90 anime
    Looking for an early 80's 90's Anime style space opera possibly 26 episodes, not sure if it was american or dubbed over.

What I remember was the hero had a condition that allowed him to transform into a giant organic mech type of thing and he fought against similar beings that kept attacking the earth. It turned out he was slowly losing his identity each time he transformed and was actually fighting his FAMILY who had been hijacked (along with him, but he somehow escaped and returned to earth) by aliens and turned into these biomecha creatures of war.

Good story and sad ending :(
    ali18ninja Posts: 159, Reputation: 16

Jul 10, 2012, 11:49 PM
    The only thing that comes to mind is Neon Genesis Evangelion. I have it but have only watched one disk and it seems like it's around 24 ep. It is dubbed in English but it also has the Japanese version. He doesn't necessarily transform though but he has the ability to "sync" with it and fights other "angels" that are basically organic mecha aliens like the one this pilot is controlling. Hope that's it.

Jul 11, 2012, 12:13 AM
    Nope I have the various sets of that series.

This played years before on Australian morning cartoons around 5.30am weekdays. Used to record it on VHS :)

Currently looking entry by entry on the Anime encyclopedia.

Thanks all the same!

Wazza

P.S.
    (have most mecha based series on DVD or VCD, really want to revisit this when I find out the name LOL)

Jul 11, 2012, 12:27 AM
    OK just found it! Answered my own question although I have no memory of the name being what it was...

Tekkaman Blade.

Ty all anyway :)

Wazza

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An anime [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,I've seen an anime long ago,it was about a teenage robot boy(it looked like a human) made by a professor.I remember there was a teenage girl too(I think his love interest).It's a very old anime.

Old anime from the 70 or 80? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a memory about and old show with an orphan boy and circus dogs I kind of remember remmi for some reason.

Old anime [ 2 Answers ]

I've had this anime stuck in my mind since forever but for the life of me I can't remember the title of it. I saw it on TV in China when I was around 10 years old, in around 1999 give or take, but I think the anime might be a 90's or 80's one. Here's what I can remember however, and I would greatly...

Looking for an old anime (I think it's an anime) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a REALLY!! Old anime (I think it's anime) anyway it's about a Princess but looks like a boy so she has been raised as a boy. She has short black hair and she has a little helper with a green hat (looks like Link from The Legend of Zelda) the thing I remember about it is that her...

View more questions Search