Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2012, 07:51 AM
    11 hours in London in October
    I will be in London for 11 hours on a Sunday night in October. Flying into LHR around 8pm. How late to businesses/eateries stay open on Sundays here? Is the airport close enough to access the metro or bus for a quick trip to a couple toursity things such as Big Ben or the Eye? We understand they may not be open, I really just want to see them to say I have. I figure with such a long layover (11hours) I should be able to at least wander for a couple hours instead of just sitting in the terminal. We are NOT booking a hotel. Advice?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 27, 2012, 07:56 AM
    In all honesty you're going to be stuck in the airport, but there's lots to do as it's a huge site.
    If it was earlier in the day then you could have taken the tube into town for a looksee.
    You are basically an hour outside of town by tube (metro/underground).
    Problem is all the tourist stuff will be closed for the day.

Have a look round LHR: Heathrow: Shops and restaurants | Discount shopping at Heathrow
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2012, 07:59 AM
    How late does the tube run? Is it too late to even roam around the city to just look and grab some fish and chips? I hate the thought of making it all the way to London, and not at least having some delicious food. And thanks for the airport info, I'll browse through it!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
    It's all covered on the LHR site ;)
    Heathrow: Underground | London Tube to Heathrow
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Thanks so much! Appreciate it :)
    It's hard to understand the rest of the world doesn't live by the rules here in "Bourbon Country" where we stay open to 4 am every night or later... LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

Hi the last time I saw my period was September 28-1 October 2011 on the 30 of October [ 0 Answers ]

Hi the last time I saw my period was September 28-1st of October it usually comes at the end. Of the month so in the 30th of October it came on for One day and stop this is now November and I've started to have cramping along with light pinkish blood from the 16-18 of this month Am I pregnant...

On October 1, Keisha King organized Real Answers, a new consulting firm. On October 3 [ 3 Answers ]

On October 1, Keisha King organized Real Answers, a new consulting firm. On October 31, the company’s Records show the following items and amounts. Use this information to prepare an October income Statement for the business. Check Net income, $4,540 Cash.. . $11,500 Cash dividends.. . $ 2,000...

I have a grand child who sleeps 2 hours and stays awake 22 hours. [ 6 Answers ]

My grand child sleeps 2 hours and stays awake for 22 hours. Her mother has talked to doctor and he gave her some things to try but nothing is working.I've seen on TV (health chan) something about children who do not sleep but can't remember what they found out to solve the problem. I'm trying to...

Two taps can fill a tank in 75/8 hours .Tap of larger diameter take 10 hours less tha [ 1 Answers ]

Two taps can filla tank in 75/8 hours.If tap of larger diameter take 10 hours less than the smaller one to fill the tank separately.Find the time taken by the taps to fill the tank separately?

View more questions Search