Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    treeso4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 08:16 PM
    My computer stops typing
    I start typing on my word program when I look up and the computer stops tying , I have to and click in and start again.. happened 3 times just typing these sentences
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 08:23 PM

Do you have any other programs open or running other than word processing? It could be something else has tied up the hrad drive for a moment and that could even be a virus.

Jul 19, 2010, 09:44 AM

It usually happens when I am writng email
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Is it a laptop?

Jul 19, 2010, 09:49 AM

No itw a dell PC about 5 years old
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
    So the symptom is that it stops typing because the Word program or the email program is no longer the "selected" window during typing? Hmmm. That's a hard one to diagnose on a board like this. Certainly a computer cleanup would help. I would recommend installing CCleaner: CCleaner - Features
    Use the Registry Cleaner and the Startup program disabling feature.

Jul 19, 2010, 10:21 AM

OK thanks
    Replacement1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 09:46 AM
    I have the same issue, did you ever find a fix?
    lvtig1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Same issue on my mom's new computer. Nothing to clean up, but when she is typing a bell noise rings and she will look up to see it has stopped typing and she has to click on the program. Happens in email as well as Works docs. She has Windows 7. Thanks
    GmaCma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2017, 07:25 AM
    No, it is my desktop. I may have solved part of the problem - had run a scan with Malwarebytes and that seems to have caused the problem. Removed that program from my system and now things seem better.

Thanks for your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer stops at a black screen with a flashing cursor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HP Pavilion 743g. When I turn on my computer, the HP logo flashes on the screen, then it goes to a black screen with a flashing cursor. I have tried to hit f8 to put the computer in save mode, but the windows advanced options menu doesn't come up. Also I have hit f10 to do a system...

What should I do when the computer stops after I put the name for the computer? [ 1 Answers ]

After I put in my time zone part, the next part was putting a name for the computer, after I finished typing the name in and press next it pauses and after a hour or 2 it's still the same

Need opinions!While typing an email, it suddenly stops and gets saved into Drafts [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with any easy advice as I am self taught and basically just know how to surf... I have a Mac osx and if I am typing an email while in hotmail, for instance, suddenly:eek: after about 30 seconds it cuts off :(and gets saved in Drafts... every single time! Also, it happens in...

Computer stops repsonding when booting [ 35 Answers ]

Okay I have a major problem that I have no idea how to fix at this point. When I turn my computer on, it will stop responding every time. I tried putting in my windows xp disk to reinstall it but it won't even get that far because it just stops and won't respond. My keyboard stops working and...

View more questions Search