Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    I think in most cases, yes. But most cases show a lot of problems prior to the break up. Even if they're not plain and day obvious, once you sit down and think about it, the problems pop up.

I think the way this girl dumped you was very rude. I think it would just open a can of worms that you might not want to open.

Its really up to you though. Do you feel as if you need to know why she broke up with you? Or do you think you'd do ok not knowing?

Its all in how you can cope with things. If its going to eat you alive, then try and contact her. But since you've already attempted to twice with no response I think you're just going to waste your time dwelling on the selfish, immature act she did.

Your choice... Drag this out.. or let it die.

Don't worry about the reason. You're well rid of her.:)
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Apr 22, 2010, 05:51 AM

I know you're thinking about closure at this point, but I don't think you can get it from her. So I honestly wouldn't bother. I would focus more on the fact that she completely screwed you over without rhyme or reason, and use that as your fuel to move on. Consider this a done deal and start healing. Why bother trying to get closure from someone who breaks up with you via Facebook? That's even worse than a text message!

If you want then write her a letter or email and DON'T SEND IT. I don't think anything you can say to her at this point will make her open up and allow you to get the closure you seek.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 06:45 AM

Acceptance is closure, and understanding will come with healing.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Acceptance is closure, and understanding will come with healing.

It's over... accept it! Move on. Who needs a sneaky, narcissistic , ingrate in their life? You're well rid of this one!
    ispyspeed Posts: 13, Reputation: 7

Apr 22, 2010, 03:27 PM
    I've gone through every single post you all have posted and I truly appreciate and value your inputs which were very comforting, wise and insightful.

You see, when I shared my family how my ex removed me, they tell me it’s no different from a normal break up, a break up is a break up, 3 days before the finals is no big deal, that I should deal with it like a man and I’m making a big deal out of it. I knew they were trying to be protective with my heart. It really silently pierced my heart and I could no longer talk about my problems to them or anyone.

That was why sometimes I felt like I’m the crazy one. I couldn’t tell what was right or wrong. What was at least, ethical whereby I would be able to judge properly and say, it's all right.

I guess I'm still in a state of denial, all the advice you've all given me has already been replaying in my head like a broken record. What frustrates me the most is, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how simple and clear one should put this matter to a rest and chuck her out of my thoughts. I consciously know logically, I am lucky to have rid of her but I ultimately hate this emotion I have for this disrespectful, self centered person. It really disgusts me. Sometimes I wish I’m a robot, and block out this thing call emotion, life would have been so much easier. I guess my only challenge now is time = heal.

I've actually copied the advice you all gave me and put it up on my wall to remind myself everyday that I don't deserve this painful treatment and confusion and all those subtle stealths put downs, criticism, verbal abuse and emotional assault she has inflicted which I only came to realize after the breakup. Am picking up the broken pieces and building up myself esteem once more.

Got mid terms in a week time, I really can't give up there's too much to do.

I really thank you all Homegirl 50, Kitkat22, talaniman, Lucky098, amicon, jmooney527 for your support, understanding and encouragement. It meant a lot.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 22, 2010, 03:29 PM

We all wish you well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do breaks in a relationship work [ 10 Answers ]

I have been reading many different sites and asking different people and searching for an answer. DO breaks actually work? I've been going out with a guy for almost 2 years and we broke up the past month and we decided to go on a break. I personally didn't want to go on a break but my boyfreind...

My first serious relationship breaks up. Should I beg him back? [ 30 Answers ]

Hi guys! My boyfriend broke up with me a couple of days ago after a two yr relationship. The night before he broke up with me I found out that he was texting another girl because some how he sent me the text that was suppose to be for her and when I read it I was like what!! And...

When an Ex comes back and the Relationship Breaks up Again [ 11 Answers ]

Why does it hurt the second time around when the ex comes back and the relationship breaks up again? Shouldn't it hurt less this time around?

When do people usually call for breaks in their relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

When do people usually call for breaks in their relationships?

View more questions Search