Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shay_Shay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2003, 03:02 AM
    Does age really matter?
    I am kind of in a little shuffle here. My boyfreind is 4 years older than I am and he gets made fun of by his friends. My boyfriend isn't one of those people who care about what other people think but when they make fun of him about it, he thinks he is doing something wrong. He doesn't want to break up with me cause he loves me and doesn't want to see me hurt. I definantly don't want to break up because I love him to death and I know he's happy with me just not my age. He is asking me what I want him to do and I don't have an answer for him. What do I say! :-/
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2003, 01:10 PM
    does age really matter?
    I can not answer this question without hesitating as you did not give me enough info. If he is 18 and you are 14 then I would question the relationship as that would be an adult dating a child and any intimacy would be ileagle in most states but mostly because a mature 18 year old should have different interests than a mature 14 year old. If as 18 (or 19-22 or so) year old has interests similar to a girl 4 years younger one would have to question his maturity amongst other things.

If on the other hand if he were say 28 and you were 24 then you should both not worry about what otheres think as long as you are happy and mutualy supportive of each others dreams and goals.

If you want to clarify, I will try to be of more help.

Best wishes,
    Dwalex
    Shay_Shay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2003, 08:25 PM
    does age really matter?
    Yeah I am 15 and he is 19... But it's not like our relationship is a secret in a locked box. He comes over everyday and my parents love him! Him and my parents talk all the time. I only thought that it was illegal if there was "intercourse" involed (which there's not). But my boyfriend still feels like he is doing something wrong. Is it selfish of me to not feel the same way?
    uae_girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2003, 12:55 PM
    does age really matter?
    I personally think your guy is great ;).. And that love comes from the heart which knows no age.
    Your boyfriend probably thinks what he's doing is wrong, because everyone makes fun of him and coments on your relationship. These people must make him feel uncomfortable, maybe even worried.
    But don't let that stand in your way, there are some couples I know... Where the man is 22 and the girl is 16.. Or the girl is 26 and the boy is 19... And its real love.
    Talk to your boyfriend about this topic, see what he has to say.
    But if he ever ends the relationship just because of people making fun of him, u'll know it wasn't real love.
    Good Luck. :)
    brightblue Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2003, 12:47 AM
    does age really matter?
    Depending on how old you are... (past 17) age does NOT matter... you are as young as you feel. But I question his "HE doesn't care what other people think" He obviously does and it does bother him what HIS friends think... or why would he ask you such a silly question ?
    If you are under 17... with parental consent on the relationship... It will not matter. Love is wonderful isn't it? Honey... just go with the flow and enjoy love while it is fresh... life is too short.
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2003, 10:28 AM
    does age really matter?
    I noticed that you did clarify and that as I feared, we are talking about a young adult dating a teen. As I stated previously, young adults should be out doing young adult things, going to college, establishing careers, pursuing goals and if he is not then he is likely not a goal orriented person which is an issue that will likely follow him for the rest of his life. You on the other hand should be enjoying teen life and the high school experience - things he should not be interested in. If you truly love him, I would say put things on hold, remain friends and if he appears to have his life in order as you approach HS graduation, then pursue him wist gusto! To plan a life together with him at your age will most likely end to heatache in the end.

Best wishes,
    Dwalex
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2003, 08:47 PM
    does age really matter?
    Age is but a number and no one should be hung up on what others think or say... hey your parents like him and that is all that matters and you guys just take it easy , finish school and enjoy each other, life is to short to be worried about what others think... Best of luck, God bless

Chaz :)
    sweety Posts: 77, Reputation: -1

Jun 5, 2004, 03:00 AM
    does age really matter?
    Hunny don't worry what other people fink of your age difference with your guy. Fact is people get jealous of happy loving couples so ignore them and tell your boyfriend to as well,
    :)
    Pinky_Blue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2004, 12:10 PM
    does age really matter?
    Hey don't worry... my brothers best friend is 17, he is like a brother to me, and is dating a 13 year old... his real little sis flipped because she's the same age as her and she knows her... I don't see a problem with this at all don't worry about what other people think as long as your both happy :) :-*
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 21, 2004, 07:18 PM
    does age really matter?
    Hello age does not matter loves does. The only time it would be a problem if someone 21 or older is dating someone under 18. When you reach 18 go for it !People going to talk no matter what they are just jealous. Take care GOOD LUCK :)
    Elizabeth1130 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 04:55 PM

Hey, i read ur question n i think that age does not matter. I think that when u fall in love with a person is because u fall in love with their ways n what's in side not by their age. So don't listeinin to people because there is no age for love n it will happen to anyone no matter the age. Live ur life the way u want too because later u might lose the person u really love n will regret not doing that. So just don't let him go n show him how much u really love him for what he is not for his age. N good luck in the future

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 states of matter [ 17 Answers ]

I needinformation and examples of the 4th state of matter, solid liquid, gas, plasma..

Does it matter if my kitten is the runt? [ 1 Answers ]

I've bought a kitten, who seems a little smaller than his brothers - does this matter?

Worldtracker.biz, Cannot Get Rid Of This In Xp Not Matter [ 4 Answers ]

I Am At My Wits End On This Issue. I Don't Know Where This Spyware Is Coming From. I Go On Ebay, Comcast, And Realstate Sits. I Have Directions From Microsoft On How To Get Rid Of This And In Another Day Or A Few Hours, It Is Back Redirecting Everything. I Start In Safe Mode And Delete Entries In...

View more questions Search