Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enigma Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Filing Form W7 for my wife abroad
    I'm helping my wife, who lives abroad, fill out form W7 so that I can file my taxes as a "married/ filing joint".

Now in section number 2 in the application "Mailing Address", can I put a P.O. Box or my address here in the U.S? In the country she resides in, they don't really have home addresses where mail can be delivered.

I'm thinking if I put my address here in the U.S. when I receive the ITIN number, I can send it to her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M.M
    Philomel2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma
    I'm helping my wife, who lives abroad, fill out form W7 so that I can file my taxes as a "married/ filing joint".

Now in section number 2 in the application "Mailing Address", can I put a P.O. Box or my address here in the U.S? In the country she resides in, they don't really have home addresses where mail can be delivered.

I'm thinking if I put my address here in the U.S., when I receive the ITIN number, I can send it to her.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M.M
    You can put your own address.. that was my husband do when he file W7 he address it in his home in US and not my address because I do not have clear home address here in my country.:)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 4, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Yes, put your own address.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband and wife filing separate [ 2 Answers ]

How can I file separate from my husband on my taxes.

US Citizen filing taxes and my wife lives abroad [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a U.S. citizen and my wife resides in Saudi Arabia. I'm in the process of bringing her here. I'm filing my taxes right now and I want to file as "married/filing joint". Since she doesn't have an SSN, is the ITIN the only thing I need to apply for? Also, where can she notarize the copy...

H1B Visa; Wife on H4; Filing Status [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have been on H1B visa since July 2003. I am currently residing in New Jersey for the past 2 years. I got married in May and my wife accompanied me to US on 05/22/2006. She is on a H4 Visa and has been living with me since then. She does not have a SSN/ITIN/TIN. To file my taxes: ...

Filing Taxes for myself (H1) and my wife (h4) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tax Experts, I am married and entered into USA on April 2006. My wife joined me in June 2006. I want to file my Tax for the time I was in USA? 1. Do I need to file ITIN for my wife first? Or I can do it when I am filing for my Tax? 2. Do I have to file as dual-status return for both of us?...

Filing Taxes for myself (H1) and my wife (h4) [ 1 Answers ]

In one of your previous replies you had said that for filing taxes with person with H1 and wife with H4. "Yes, she will need an ITIN. Download a W-7 from www.irs.gov, fill it out, have you wife sign it and attach a notarized copy of her passport to the W-7. Attach both to your joint tax return...

View more questions Search