Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktn1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 08:18 AM
    Probation travel
    I have been on probation for a misdeamenor office for 1.5 years now with .5 years to go. During this time I have traveled to Europe and back for work. I did not gain permission from my officer. Additionally, my probation has recently been transferred to another state because of my resisdence. Is there any chance my PO will ever find out about my travels?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 08:23 AM
    My guess is that they won't find out... but it's a little late to ask or wonder about that - as there's nothing you can do now.

You're almost done... so I'd STRONGLY encourage you to play the game for these last 6-months... and keep your fingers crossed that they don't find out about your violation.
    ktn1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Thanks for the response. I actually have to go back to Europe again for work. I am already in the process of getting permission from the judge to go. Will they check my passport records you think?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 08:29 AM
    I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking they won't. They probably just do not have the resources to check on things like this.. . that's just a guess...
    PrincessD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking they won't. They probably just do not have the resources to check on things like this. ...that's just a guess...
    I am having a similar problem... I am on misdemeanor probation and I am going to travel to England, France and Italy... I am in the process of getting approval by the judge but my probation officer said that even if he approves it that the countries may not let me in... I have tried contacting the consulates but no luck or help there... I NEED HELP : ) Any answers
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 08:33 PM
    If (s)he doesn't know about them now, then probably not. Do the terms of your probation explicitly forbid travel abroad, even if it's for work purposes? It's always a cat-and-mouse game when one chooses to violate the terms of his/her probation as to whether the PO will find out. It all depends on how overworked (s)he is, how conscientious and diligent (s)he is, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Travel between us and france [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the law on a french citizen visiting the us (for 3 months) then returning to France. How long before he can return to the US? And what is the best option for him to be able to travel freely to both countries? Is it a visa and how does one go about obtaining one... ...

Travel To England [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I want to go to England to go to college and work for a while. We both live in Anguilla and have a British European Passport. We have never been to England. We would like to know if the government can help us find a flat and give us financial aid for college and would like to pay...

Travel to Canada [ 6 Answers ]

I plan to take the family to visit some friends in Canada this Easter and was wondering if there are any special documentation I'm going to need when: From US to Canada: - Leaving the US - Entering Canada From Canada to US on the way back: - Leaving Canada - Entering the US

Train travel [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a train that I can use from australia going to new zealand.

View more questions Search