Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandma59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Widow getting married in 1 month not accepted by new husband's daughter
    I've been a widow for 13 yrs & last year started dating a 2 yr widower. We are very happily in love & are marrying in one month. His 40 yr old daughter (only child) has kicked & screamed for 1 1/2 yrs now & still refuses to accept her father's happiness. Most importantly, she sees me as someone moving in on her fortune. My 4 children are very happy for me & all will take part in the wedding. His daughter won't even let us know if she's coming. We would have loved to have had her 2 children in the wedding. As usual, the ball is in her court & she's not talking. I am so very sad for my fiancé. What to do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Is there a pre-nup in place to relieve the daughter's fears about her inheritance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 10:36 AM
    There is nothing you can do, BUT>>> are you sure that when the dirt hits the wheel, that he is going to stand by you and not take his daughters side on issues as you go along.

If you marry and daughter cuts off all contact with dad , does not let him call or see grandkids where it that going to go ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age 58 widow get 440.00 per month can I get help [ 3 Answers ]

Age 58 wido get 440.00 half husbands private pension can I get any extra help

Married but not accepted [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a muslim woman and I married a muslim boy we are now married for 4 years.the parents of my husband don't accept me (maybe because I was already married before).Is it a sin if my husband will stay married with me or should he divorce me because his parents are not happy with our marriage.(We...

Transfer on Death to daughter rather than widow [ 1 Answers ]

After 30 years of marriage in Michigan a widow the found majority of assets TOD to his daughter (not hers). Will this be unwound in probate or stand? No will.

Can I adopt my new husband's daughter? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm also wondering if I can adopt my new husband's daughter. She has only known me as her mother for 2 years. Her real mother does not try to contact us about her daughter and it has been months since she last saw her or even called about her. I'm wondering if this can be done or not. The only...

View more questions Search