Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lifesluck Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Hair follicle test
    Took a pre-employment drug test last Wednesday. No word yet! My ONLY concern is that I took some concerta (un-prescribed, yes I know bad bad bad, but I am an undiagnosed ADD and was about to receive my diagnosis on paper when my insurance ran out) I tried my friends to see if it would bring me relief. I took one a day, don't remember the mg but I know it was suppose to be a high dose, for several days (5 or 6) after not much of a change I never touched it again.. Is this going to fail my drug test? I can't believe after going through years of terrible luck I could be my own demise of a break through!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
    Have you been offered a position or is this a test provided to all applicants? That makes a difference in what can be tested for?

Jul 16, 2012, 06:41 PM
    I signed the offer letter and then went to the drug testing place with confidence (dawned on me later that I might not be clear). The test says it tested for 5. (thats the box marked on my lab work) and it reads (verbatim) Cocaine, Opiates, PCP, Amphetamines, Marijuana. And reason for test says pre-employment.

Jul 16, 2012, 06:42 PM
    P.S. I know the test is 90 days (I called the lab anonymously) I'm almost certain this was around the first week in may..
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifesluck View Post
    I signed the offer letter and then went to the drug testing place with confidence (dawned on me later that i might not be clear). the test says it tested for 5. (thats the box marked on my lab work) and it reads (verbatim) Cocaine, Opiates, PCP, Amphetamines, Marijuana. and reason for test says pre-employment.
    In that case methylphenidate (Concerta) will not show up on a 5-panel test. It can be detected only if specifically tested for. So there is no need to worry about whether your dosage rose above the level of detection or the 90 day time interval. That particular test detects only the class of drugs that you listed.

Jul 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    In that case methylphenidate (Concerta) will not show up on a 5-panel test. It can be detected only if specifically tested for. So there is no need to worry about whether your dosage rose above the level of detection or the 90 day time interval. That particular test detects only the class of drugs that you listed.
    So it is a myth that concerta causes a positive result for meth/amphetamines? And thank you so much for your time by the way. I sincerely appreciate your knowledge..
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifesluck View Post
    So it is a myth that concerta causes a positive result for meth/amphetamines? and thank you so much for your time by the way. I sincerely appreciate your knowledge..
    You sped right past me there. MPD can cross-react with the amphetamine panel creating a false-positive. However, it is a synthetic and does not produce any of the same metabolites as the amphetamine class. Therefore a confirmatory test that is performed on any positive screen result would not confirm.

The scope of the test is defined by the requisition form that accompanies your sample. Believe me laboratories do not perform any added service or go searching for drugs. The 5 that you listed is it.

Jul 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Thank you again for your knowledge! I'll post my results as soon as they are confirmed!

Jul 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
    What is the typical turn around time by the way.. I haven't heard a thing.. took it last Wednesday..
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Could be 5 days lab time. No way of telling. Some use a 24 hour chemical wash, some pulverize. Some use a chemical solution to solubize, also overnight, etc. Add to that delivery and location because not all labs do HDT.
    imcuriousgeorge Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Hello Dr.Bill, What does 500 pg/mg for hair testing mean?
    drewbaby1414 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Hi Doc,

Recovering addict with 3 years clean until I relapsed on Nov. 3rd in a big way. My addiction has always been with pain pills but I tried Heroin on Nov 3rd because I'm an addict.

Here is the question: I did heroin on Nov 3rd. It was a half CC of I don't know. The guy who gave it to me told me it was a weak dose or what he would call half a hit. I also took three Loratab 10's on the 4th. I've been clean since then and have started hitting my NA meetings after 1 year of not going.

I have a possible hair follicle test coming on Nov. 28th in a child custody case. I know THC is not very detectable but I don't know if opiates/single use of heroin will show up on the test... I'm just an idiot.

I don't know... I've read bleaching your hair/re-dye will lower concentration levels but I just need some oppionion as to what you think my chances are... Being dumb like I am I guess I deserve what I get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test [ 9 Answers ]

If my urine test came back negative for marijuana & I only used 3 times last month(april) & I took my test may.. Will my hAir show up for marijuana ? Please help

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

Could any of these drug alter a hair folicle drug test to look like methanphetamine 1. methylpred 4mg 2. methocarbam750mg 3. methylpredinsolone 4. fentanyl patch 50 mg. 5 .oxycodone 30mg 6. temazepam15 mg

Hair Follicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering about hair follicle tests. If you are in the same room as someone smoking marijuana, crack or meth, could you come up positive on the test? If so would it have to be the same day, without washing your hair? If you washed your hair wouldn't it come out and show clean, or could it...

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

I have not used cocaine in 8 months but it is still showing up in a hair follicle test, how is this possible when the testing is for 3 months back?

View more questions Search