Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyle5476 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2018, 06:50 AM
    Land and house titled separately
    I am currently trying to buy a lot from a lady in town that has a manufactured home sitting on it. She bought the land first and then got a mortgage on the house she put on the property. She wants to sell me the land and I don't want the house so she was just going to let the house be repossessed by the mortgage company. If I buy the land can I tell the mortgage company to move the house off the land so that I can build my own house on the property? Or does the mortgage company have any legal right to the land even though they are not titled together?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2018, 09:01 AM
    HUGE can of worms. Is the lender treating the 'manufactured home' as an affixed house or a mobile home? The lender didn't sell the home, regardless. It isn't like repossessing a car.
    They could have a lien on the land while they hold a mortgage.
    Your best bet is to help her find a company that will remove the home. And do a title search on the property.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2018, 09:28 AM
    Typically people use a title company to do a title search to find out if there are liens and taxes due/owed on a property they intend to buy, often paid for by the seller. That's your best bet as any bank will try to mitigate it's losses. Maybe the land was used to secure the mortgage on the house, also a typical transaction from a bank. I doubt seriously if a bank would simply move the house (To where?) and sell it to recoup their mortgage, or let this seller profit from a sale of the property which included the house, without dealing with the mortgage amount in some way, which includes passing it to you as an obligation.

You need a title search whether with an individual company, or done yourself. Good luck getting a bank to move the house for free so you can build your own. Doubt that happen, but I suppose no harm in asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History of the Land My House Is Built on [ 1 Answers ]

OK I have seen a black shadow or cloud what ever you choose to call it. My fiancé hears knocking so loud at times it wakes him out of a sleep and he actually actually answers the door, I hear dropping , like its stuff being dropped.I recently had my house blessed because I could feel so uch...

Is my house on haunted land [ 12 Answers ]

Address >Removed for Privacy<

Buying a new house with land and someone's else home is half way on my land. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Alabama and would like any suggestions on what my rights are?

Is my house an haunted land? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in a manufactured home that was built over wet lands and we have weird unexplained things happen all the time here like people knocking on the door but nobody is outside and even if we sit right by the door and open it right after the knock nobody is there. The other day I went into my room...

My house! My land! My money! Not in my name! [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and father of my 2 children died 4 years ago. We had bought a mobile home 2 years before and put it in his name only. The home was placed on my family's farm and my grandmother gave me the $30,000 as a down payment. I have continued to pay the mortgage payments since then but the...

View more questions Search