Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Softgel Guys Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2017, 05:46 AM
    Why does PEG400 makes soft gelatin capsules brittle as opposed to vegetable oil
    We use two types of fills: Vegetable oil and PEG400
    One thing we noticed was that all the oil based capsules are a lot more robust than the PEG400 based capsules. We are trying to achieve the same kind of effect with our PEG based fill (i.e. make them more robust)
    Any advice would be highly appreciated!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2017, 05:18 AM
    I think you need to find a site with very specific emphasis on this subject. I would start with various manufacturers of capsules.

I have some gelcaps filled with cannabis oils. I have cut the caps with scissors to drip oil on cookies. The clear, yellowish caps are quite soft at first, but after a week or two empty, they are somewhat brittle, but not enough to shatter into little pieces. I have no idea what they are made of. They do absorb some of the THC, so I save them and ingest them empty. This is in CT, USA.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2017, 06:06 AM
    What do you use as a coating agent or dilutant? Obviously you can't use your chemicals full strength.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I use in place of vegetable oil? [ 10 Answers ]

Well, the title says it all. My husband and I are having some friends over tonight, and we want to make brownies, but our box version calls for vegetable oil, and we don't have any in the apartment. What can I use in place of it?

When Baking, What Are Some Alternatives to Vegetable Oil That You Might Like to Use? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, All! Some of you know that I've been getting into baking things lately. Most of the recipes call for the addition of vegetable oil. Are there any alternatives to vegetable oil that you might like to use when baking? If so, why, please? Thanks!

Oil capacity of Briggs & Stratton 402707 opposed twin? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know the Oil capacity of the Briggs & Stratton 402707 16HP opposed twin? Also, the engine is making a rattling noise like the fan is touching the inside of the shroud or the shroud itself is rattling around. Has anyone had experience taking one of these beasts partially apart?...

Vitamin E capsules or oil? [ 2 Answers ]

Are vitamin E caps and vitamin E oil equally effective? I've got the capsules by kirkland that are meant to be taken orally... are those the ones I shhould break open and mix with a lotion to apply to skin? Or should I buy the oil?

View more questions Search