Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    82Vern Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2016, 01:32 PM
    Starter not engaging on X300 JD Kawasaki engine
    Starter is not engaging periodically on the X300 Kawasaki engine of my mower. It is happening more frequently. Would you recommend lubricating the starter shaft with WD 40? Does the starter have to be removed from the engine to lubricate?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2016, 05:10 PM
    From what I can see, it looks like a 2 bolt removal. I would not use WD40, I would use a lithium based grease for the shaft. Was this one of the models recalled for the fan breaking?
    82Vern Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2016, 05:23 PM
    Not sure. My model was not recalled.
    Thanks for your response.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 21, 2016, 06:24 PM
    You can try the lithium but frequently it is the gear that flies forward and engages with the flywheel. That is a sacrificial gear, made to be the weak link so you don't have to replace the flywheel. Its called a Bendix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engaging the clutch for the deck bogs the engine down, why do you think it does [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 26 hp craftsman tractor with a 54" deck. When I engage the deck, the engine "bogs" down to the point that it stalls. It sounds as if you are trying to cut too much too fast. This is something that just started. It was cutting just fine until it started doing this. Any ideas? By...

Kawasaki engine won't start [ 1 Answers ]

\i have a kawasaki engine in lawn tractor that won't start it has gas to small black box in front of carburator and will start if spray gas in carb won't stay running what could cause this?

John Deere w/Kawasaki engine [ 9 Answers ]

Working on a 17.5 HP kawasaki engine on a JD lawn tractor. It starts OK and runs OK, tends to bog down in thick grass more than it should. If I shut it down it will not restart until it has rested/cooled for 3-4 hours. It turns over fine and I get raw fuel vapor coming out of the exhaust, suspect a...

Engine stalls when engaging blade [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Murray Model 40542C 40" riding lawn mower. I recently took the blades off to have them sharpened, and since putting them back on, there is a lot of vibration (some times, not always) when I engage the blades, and some times it even stalls the engine. It runs fine without the blades...

96 Accord Starter Not engaging? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 Honda Accord 6cylinder. I had problems starting it a few times. I would turn the key over and nothing would happen. I could here the fuel pump and everything go on but the starter was not turning. I replaced the battery cable that goes down to what looks like a solenoid and it started...

View more questions Search