Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikey9875 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2015, 12:11 AM
    International money lending
    I'm based in south africa and was offered a loan of R50000 from an american in america. The only details he required from me is name~adress~contact info and later on possibly banking details. He also requires a refundable certification thing costing R1700. Loan duration is 1 year at 4 percent interest. Is cross border loaning allowed? Is it possible to conclude a loan with so little info? Is this an outright scam? He does sound legitimate though i.e. not your usual email scam promisers
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2015, 12:47 AM
    Complete and utter SCAM !!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2015, 03:25 AM
    I agree.. This is a scam.. a very obvious one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 04:41 AM
    This is as the other noted, a scam. First no one is going to loan a private person money without checking credit, and knowing how they are going to pay it back.

No one is going to offer small (this is small for international) loans this a way.

There is no such thing asking for certification. What happens, is you pay that "fee" and your money is gone and you never hear from them again.
    Or even worst, you get a stolen or fake check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

father lending money [ 2 Answers ]

My father is going to lend me to buy a house for $170,000. He is not american and my status here is H1B (working permit) so I am not american either. My question here is, can we do that? Is it possible he could lend me the money so I can buy the property? What is the best solution to proceed? ...

Lending Money to a friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'll be lending money to family/friend and I'm not sure if the money that will get on interest will be taxed. Also does it make a difference in taxes if the interest is 1%, 5% or 10%?

Lending money to my daughter for house purchase [ 4 Answers ]

I want to support my 23 yr old daughter in buying a property with her friend. She earns a very low wage qnd does not have agod credit record. I am giving her £20,000 and I want to support her in borrowing a further £30,000. I am willing to borrow the extra on my mortgage. How do I make sure that...

Are there any tax implications on lending money to a friend? [ 16 Answers ]

I had lent $8,000 to a close friend last year and he now wants to pay me back. There was no loan agreement drawn up. I had directly paid for his purchase using a check drawn from my account. And now, he would be returning back that amount to me by a check drawn from his account. Do I/he have any...

Investing in a Corporation without lending money? [ 1 Answers ]

The questions basically asks if it is possible for an individual to save and invest in a corporation without lending money to it or purchasing additional shares? I would assume there would be no way of investing in a company if you don't have anything TO invest? SO how would not lending money...

View more questions Search