Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 2, 2016, 04:35 AM
    What do you think about someone's relationship status not neing shown on Facebook?
    An old friend of ours is married we all know that but for someone who doesn't know and sees hos page you can't tell.I know about people being private befors I get any of those comments but appearing to be a free agent is another thing.Someone may think your available.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2016, 04:40 AM
    It's their business and their business alone what they post on their Facebook page.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2016, 04:49 AM
    Who really cares? It's freaking Facebook.
    -

Nov 2, 2016, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Who really cares? It's freakingbook.
    Evidently someone does they thought he was single duh
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2016, 05:30 AM
    Do you think maybe you seek drama and conflict?
    -

Nov 2, 2016, 05:33 AM
    What u mean? Its always been like that but they bought house together in march

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Do you think maybe you seek drama and conflict?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2016, 06:01 AM
    Why do you care so much that you feel the need to ask strangers on the internet?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 2, 2016, 06:44 AM
    What do I think?

I think that you spend way too much time looking for ways to cause yourself (and others) to feel outrage about subjects that do not affect you. You seem to start out just curious about a subject, but quickly show a tendency to get upset and add details when the answers are not what you want to hear.

Before you defend sticking your nose into someone else's business, think about this: Do you want someone questioning your behavior and actions on a public message board or with other 'friends' or that matter?

Why does it matter to you if he or she appears to be single? So, someone thinks he is available. It is up to him to explain his marital status, what ever that status is.

For some people, marriage does not mean "not available". Some enjoy what is known as an "open marriage". That is their life.

Some people for various reasons choose to not advertise their relationships. That is their choice.

You (and who ever the rest of "we" are) know their relationship status, or think you do. So you know not to proposition him or her. It is that easy.

Why put so much effort into figuring out their life when you have your own? Maybe it is time to get a new hobby or new friends to occupy your mind and time.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 2, 2016, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1471 View Post
    An old friend of ours is married we all know that but for someone who doesn't know and sees hos page you can't tell.I know about people being private befors I get any of those comments but appearing to be a free agent is another thing.Someone may think your available.
    It is their choice for it not to show. Their motive is their own and it probably isn't to appear single or a Free Agent.

Facebook isn't a dating site. It is a social network. Someone might come across it and think they're single, but they'll have to deal with that because it is THEIR choice.

I personally don't think anything of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook privacy on status. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, When you make a status private, does it show the people you've made it private to, that it is private to them? (If that makes sense!) Cheers, Phy.

How much does Facebook mean in a relationship? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, So I am dating and in love with this girl, but she was in a relationship with another guy on Facebook when we met. When I confronted her about it, she said it was her ex boyfriend and they did it as a joke because some girl was trying to ask her ex out. Later, I asked her to change it, and...

When your love one breaks up with you by removing relationship status in Facebook. [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I am curious and would like some input from the public when your love one breaks up with you by removing their relationship status with you in facebook.com without a word. No closure, no explanation, there were no heavy dramas before the incident. (Note: You have not done anything sorry to...

View more questions Search