Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanbob88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 03:04 PM
    Trying to replace a bryant heat pump thermostat with a Honeywell rth3100c
    Trying to replace a Bryant heat pump thermostat with 8 wires connected with a Honeywell RTH3100C. Instruction guide says if W1, W2, and Y were connected, contact a HVAC tech. Honeywell customer service was no help. Any ideas?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2010, 04:30 PM

Post the color wires you have and we can tell you where to put them.
    nanbob88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2010, 07:13 PM

The old Bryant heat pump thermostat had 8 wires connected with no jumpers: G terminal(green wire), Y(yellow), E(brown), O(orange), W1(white), C(black), R(red), W2(blue). T and F terminals were empty.
    Markings on the old Bryant thermostat are: BDP CO.P271-3453 with 3AAT83D14B2 below that.
    The new Honeywell RTH3100C non-programmable digital thermostat has 9 terminals: E, Aux, Y, G, O, L, R, B, and C.
    buzznsue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 06:53 AM
    I am looking for a non programmable heat pump thermostat to replace my old energy saving bryant thermostat model No.34427DP97 installed in 1978.
    The bryant thermostat uses 8 wires. It controls the heatpump and AC and automatically switches to propane gas when outdoor temperature drops to 32 degrees. It has an emergency heat switch and red indicator light for the propane gas also. Can you recommend a replacement?
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Honeywell Thermostat - Heat Pump in a Condo? [ 21 Answers ]

I live in a 20 yr old condo with 2 Heating Systems that were described as "heat pumps" and recently decided to replace the thermostats from the 24 year old controls to Honeywell RTH7600 series touch screens. Ran into some issues as the wiring from my old thermostats didn't exactly line up with...

Honeywell rth3100c Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to change from a White Rogers thermostat to a Honeywell rth3100c. The old thermostat has a blue wire on X1 and a tan wire on E. Do both of these go on the E terminal on the honeywell?

Wiring a Honeywell Thermostat to a Bryant het pump [ 7 Answers ]

My old unit has the W1, W2, and the Y wires. It states to call a contractor. I have, and they do not know the answer. Do I use the W1 or W2 wire for the AUX, and what do I use for the B wire. My old unit does not have one. Thanks, Chris

Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not...

View more questions Search