Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    8459 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Will I ever be a mummy?
    Hi
    Me and my husband have been trying for a baby but the problem is that I haven't had a regular period since the age of 15 and now am 25 and not had a period in the last 3 months can I get pregnant without having a period and why is this happening? Will I every be a mummy? I am over weight and I'm getting very deprssed. Pregnanacy is all I think about, I want it sooo badly!
    Please can you help?

Safina
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 04:07 AM
    Have you discuessed this with your doctor/ob/gyn?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Yes, talk to your doctor, there are medications you can take to help regulate yourself and make it easier. Have you ever gone and been checked for PCOS? It is a common problem women have, and you can still conceive, with help. I would talk to your doctor about it, although unless you are diagnosed with a problem, they will probably advise you to try a little longer before seeking fertility help. Typically, healthy couples can take up to a year of trying before conceiving. Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 8459
    Will I ever be a mummy?
    Well since the egyptians don't mummify their dead anymore, I doubt it :D (sorry couldn't resist).

Seriously, you should have discussed this with your OB/Gyn long ago. They can examine you and work with you on a plan to conceive.
    alkaline Posts: 61, Reputation: 20

Jul 10, 2007, 06:54 AM
    I agree with everyone that said you should see your OBGYN and discuss this.

In addition, you mentioned that you were overweight, and I know that can be a factor in having conception difficulties.

A friend of mine in law school was overweight and her OBGYN said it was because she had high levels of cortisol in her system. Apparently, overweight people are more likely to have high levels of cortisol. I don't know much about this, as all I know is what my friend told me her doctor said.

However, it is something you can ask your doctor about when you go to see them.

And don't give up hope, sometimes it happens when you least expect it!

I wish you the best of luck!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 10, 2007, 09:06 AM
    In addition to talking with your dr. try charting your cycle for a few months. Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com is a wonderful site for charting.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
    In addition to talking with your dr. try charting your cycle for a few months. Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com is a wonderful site for charting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search