Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaalstoria Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 12:32 PM
    I'm I setting myself up?
    So after a yr my boyfriend dumped me. He was sincerely as close as a person can get to perfect. I treated him poorly by letting my own personal issues, baggage and slight drinking problem get in the way, and every time it would cause an argument, I'd promise to this time be better. He was always patient and supportive, even offered to go to couples therapy to see what he could do to help me. Finally enough was enough, and he get fed up with my empty promises. Since then I've been going to therapy as well as AA... losing him along with realizing I cause him such pain for so long was finally enough to make me realize to ned to get a grip on my life. It's been about a month now, but we've never really stopped talking. The first week was once or twice, then the next was every other day, the next was at least once every singe day, and nowt his week, he acts like we're totally together, but we haven't seen each other since a week after we broke up. He's leaving for a 10 day ski trip out of the country and he's even made me promise not to date until at least he comes back. I'm afraid he's been stringing me along not because he's a mean person, but because still having me there a little makes it easier to deal with, and once he has this big ski trip with his best friend, he'll be officially over me, meanwhile I've been really starting to believe that maybe he would try to work things out together... what does anyone else thing? I'm I settnig myself up or is this something I should be a little more positive about?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
    I don't know if he's stringing you along because it makes him feel better, sounds more like he's worried about you and wants to make sure you stay healthy and sober. Maybe after he returns talk about if he would consider getting back together.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 01:06 PM
    When he gets back you had better be clean, sober and ready to be a rational human being. Not for him, but for you. He has given you a lot of support and space to work on your demons, and I really think he still has feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up Tomcat 5.0 [ 5 Answers ]

I am having real trouble setting up Tomcat 5.0 on Windows XP. I have downloaded the Windows setup and followed the instructions to the letter. When I try and start the server with c:\Tomcat 5.0\bin\startup I get the following message: Windows cannot find '-Djava.endorsed.dirs='. Make sure...

The Setting Superstar [ 3 Answers ]

I have this song by Jeff Buckley, but the album I have for it is Sensorium 8-31-00, after his death. I don't think it's even one of his songs. Here are the lyrics (somewhat): And the sun went to the highest bidder... (can't make out this part) Have you seen my wife, she's taken strangely...

Setting my ip address [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I haven't got an ip address. I know what your thinking, but I actually haven't got one set. I know what it should be, but I don't know where to set it. Can anyone help me as I need to set my ip address to connect to the net At the moment I am on a really slow laptop.

Setting up equation? [ 2 Answers ]

I can not get how to form a formula or equation for this question. I don't want the answer I just need help getting it started. Thanks Jim can mow Mr.Smith's lawn in 6 hours, Bob can mow Mr.Smith's lawn in 4 hours. How long would it take them to mow the yard if they worked together?

E-bay setting?? [ 1 Answers ]

?I have a question for anybody that can help. I have been an e-bayer for some time now and have not had any problems with setting on the site. Now all of a sudden am having problems when I click on a customers e-mail address, or on the feedback section. Here are my problems... I have cable line...

View more questions Search