Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deitra Terry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2016, 11:54 PM
    Custody
    Can the domicile parent not allow the nondomicile parent no contact with the children
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2016, 02:36 PM
    Not and No. Your double negative infers Yes but your question infers No. What is it? If you mean No contact, custodial papers should state so. If no papers, no, you cannot prohibit contact as the children are their's too.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 7, 2016, 02:57 PM
    What are the reasons for the no contact? Has there been any decisions by the courts? Is the other party a true danger to the child and if so how do you know this ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2016, 12:19 PM
    Bottom line is the domicile parent has to abide by the court order. So what does the court order say? If the court order provides for visitation then the domicile parent is required to have the childe ready for the visit according to the terms of the court order or face court sanctions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2016, 07:18 PM
    Only the court can order no contact and that is seldom done unless they are a danger. And even then they often can get supervised visits.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2016, 05:52 AM
    The non-custodial parent should contact the court immediately if the custodial parent refuses to permit court ordered visitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother regaining custody after signing papers for father having sole custody [ 8 Answers ]

What are the circumstances for a mother regaining custody after signing papers for father to have sole custody?

Temporary Custody to Dad1yr ago cause Mom fled abuse which violated custody order. [ 0 Answers ]

A NC Custody Consent order that I signed under DURESS FOUND Me in contempt after fleeing to PA with our child. I REPORTED Domestic Violence before fleeing NC. I also had a valid order of protection against Father. NC would not acknowledge it once I moved back into my home with my abuser/childs...

Change of sole custody to joint custody if both parents live in different states than [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find out where I would need to go to change/modify a custody order that granted my ex spouse sole legal and physical custody 3 years ago. He now resides in MA, I now reside in CA, but in may will be moving to TX to live with my fiancˇ. The original custody order (was changed from...

Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody

Pre-trial, Joint Custody Vs Sole custody fight, witness [ 14 Answers ]

My two sons are currently staying with my ex-wife and I have 2 days a week interim access order in British Columbia, Canada, I stay with my parents. I have pre-trial coming up in about two months. I requested to have joint custody, but she only wants sole. There isn't any danger to my kids from me...

View more questions Search