Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paw4paw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 02:23 PM
    blower continues to run
    The blower on the evaporator continues to run when the compressor turns off and the environment reaches set point . The blower should shut down. The system is cooling satisfactorily

Here are the specific operating conditions

1) Thermostat : SYSTEM set to AUTO :FAN set to AUTO : the thermostat is a TRANE BAY28X138A
    2) system is in cooling mode
    3) condensor/compressor is American standard TWX 036C
    4) Blower continues to run when the Thermostat SYSTEM is set to OFF

Any suggestions would be appreciate
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Evaporator blower relay is stuck on/defective

Have you checked the thermostat and made sure the fan switch is on automatic?

Aug 4, 2008, 10:49 AM
    The fan switch is on automatic.

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Bad blower relay
    Wiring shorted
    Bad circuit board if so equipped or a bad fan relay.

These are the 3 slections to choose from.

You will need a meter and know how to use it to test these items.

If you do not have the capability to test these items you will need to call for ON SITE Service.

Aug 5, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Thanks HVAC 1000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector continues to call [ 11 Answers ]

I asked a question before about a credit card debt I had requested validation for. I received a summons at home the day after I sent the letter. I never received anything in writing from this company even though they say they sent a letter back in March. I am in the process of getting an intent...

My ex continues to play with my emotions [ 5 Answers ]

I am so confused with my current situation. My ex and I are expecting a baby. Here lately, we have been back and forth with our relationship. One day he is really serious about being with me and then the next day or so he decides that the two of us should just be friends. I can never seem to figure...

Central Heating Fan Continues To Run [ 2 Answers ]

My Central Heating and Air unit just started having this problem. The fan will not turn off unless I cut the power completely off manually. Everything works normal by the thermostat except the fan. When I have the thermostat set on auto fan, the fan speed slows down and when I switch it to on, it...

F1 to H1 . The delimma continues [ 5 Answers ]

Tax experts, I read a similar post submitted last year, but my situation is slightly more complicated. 1. on F1 since 2002 2. Status changed to H1 on Feb 1 2006 (was on OPT part of 2005 and Jan 2006) 3. Indian resident Granted, I'll be filing as a resident alien.

Water continues to trickle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing the water diverter in the hall bath. To do so, I have to cut the existing copper pipes (Which have no direct shut-off valve attached) and sweat on new ones. I've turned off the water shut off at the front of the house, not at the street, the hot water outlet on the water heater, and...

View more questions Search