Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234francie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 06:36 PM
    What can my probation officer ask of my spouse
    Can my po ask my husband to breath for her to check if he has been drinking on his way home from work? My husband is not on probation nor has he ever been and he does not bring anything home
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2013, 02:56 AM
    So you have a po and you are asking if she can ask your husband to breath for her to see if he has been drinking? I don't think your husband is any of her concern.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2013, 05:07 AM
    Hello 1:

Even if he HAS been drinking, HE'S not on probation..

Apparently, you have a PO who doesn't know the rules and doesn't know the law.. You're not going to TEACH her. All you can do is keep her in check.

Pursuant to that effort, I'd have your husband write a certified letter to the PO. Send copies to the CHIEF probation officer, the prosecutor and the judge.. In it, he should outline what happened and politely tell the PO that he ISN'T subject to her whims and wishes. Tell her further that if she has a problem with HIS behavior, that she should call the police. While you're at it, request a copy of their written Policy and Procedure manual..

That should put the PO in her place, and put her boss on notice... Of course, PO's aren't nice people, and she WILL retaliate.. That's why you need to DOCUMENT everything that goes on.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When they change probation officers on my son the new probation officer changed all [ 1 Answers ]

When they suddenly changed probation officers on my son the new PO changed a lot of the rules is this allowed are they just allowed to do anything they want?

My boyfriend is on felony probation and probation officer violated [ 3 Answers ]

He violated him because he couldn't track him we recently moved but during the arrest it was 3 sheriffs that searched him in my front yard and watch them as they searched him and didn't find any drugs on him but once they got to the jail and searched him again they all of a sudden found cocaine on...

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

View more questions Search