Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Dead Zone!
    Has anybody have ever seen the show dead zone! I find it to be an interesting show. Any shows that are paranormal is interesting to me. For example: Medium, Ghost Whisperer, A haunting, Dead Zone and others.

What are your thoughts on these shows and the paranormal. Is anybody here have similar television interests, or paranormal interests.

I am interested in hearing from you.

Joe
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
    I am a fan of the entire sci-fi, paranormal, conspiracy theory genre. I love the crossover between fact and fiction that shows like The Dead Zone, or Psi factor, present. It's fun to imagine the possibilities and this genre of entertainment can really feed an active imagination.

While I like the entertainment, I am a huge skeptic when it comes to "real world" paranormal ability. I have seen enough "evidence" that there certainly are people in this world that have sesnitivity and perceptions that go way beyond the norm. I also know that there are plenty of unsavory characters trying to exploit people's belief in the paranormal for their own personal gain.

I used to enjoy the Coast to Coast AM radio shows when I was able to get them - but some of the stuff they have is just so far out there that I consider it entertainment, not journalism.
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Yes, I tend to listen to Coast to Coast. Especially driving home from work. Your right there is lots of way out there stuff on that.

I forgot about Psi Factor.

I guess that is the difference between you and I. Yes, the shows are entertainment, but I also believe and have an open mind about the real world of paranormal ability.

Thank you for responding.

I guess no one else is interested. Lol

Joe
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 09:45 AM
    "I guess no one else is interested. lol"

I am and I will get back to you with my thoughts on it as soon as I get them written down. You may not like what I have to say though.

I have discussed it before on other forums and had it referred to as 'magical thinking'. And I came back with... "Not magical thinking - but Creative Thinking."

We are all entitled to our own opinions. Correct?

Let me see what I can remember and write it down - never kept a copy.

BRB

I feel the need to point out that there is more going on in this world - and in our brains - than we can ever be aware of.

I believe in The Law Of Attraction.

Thought is creative. All thought, good and bad, is creative and tends to become a material thing. So be careful what you wish for!

We each live in a world of our own creation. We each have our own abilities and capabilities. We each believe what we choose to believe.

I think the process goes something like this -

You have an idea, you have faith in that idea until you believe in it, and you believe in it until you know it is a plausible fact.

Like the 'knowing', the factual knowledge we receive while getting to know about ourselves and the world we live in, our beliefs do not manifest overnight. We must first have faith that something might be a fact and may be useful to us as individuals. We then decide whether we are going to believe this. And if we choose to believe it we will eventually come to know it is a fact - on the other hand something may have happened in the meantime to cause us to change our minds and we no longer believe or have faith in that fact.

In James Randi's world psychics do not exist because he chooses not to have faith in them and therefore does not believe in them and knows of none.

But that does not mean that they don't exist. It only means that they don't exist for him in his world of belief and knowledge.

Randi is an intelligent, practical, logical thinker. He, like the rest of us, chooses what to believe. This does not mean that the things he does not believe do not exist.

I am not a psychic. I do not visit a psychic. I am not religious. I do not visit a church. This does not mean that I do not believe in God or that I do believe in God. It simply means I have an open heart and I like to keep an open mind.

Randi dose not have an open mind. He is, I believe, unintentionally choosing to close his mind to certain things within his world. And he has every right to do so. Just as you have every right to let in or keep out of your own world anything you want.

I simply ask you not to close your mind to anything that might catch your attention and give birth to some wonderful ideas without doing your own research.

There are too many sheep among the skeptics and among the believers. Do your own research, and then make up your own mind.

A beautiful mind is an awful thing to waste.

Use it or lose it!

Let me know what you think.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 10:26 AM
    It is a proven fact that the human eye only percieves 5% (or less) of the universe. That means our brains are only filtering and regestering about the same amount of stimulis.
    With that in mind, I think it is concievable that we might be missing something that is in fact going on around us. I think to say that what we think is ultimate reality would be the total of everything there is, is pretty small of us.
    Bluerose has brought up the law of attraction which is the most important thing, I think, we can consider. The entire universe and everything in it contains the creative "stuff" that alows our human minds to be a part of the creative process. Thoughts are things that interact with that creative field to change energy into mass or, what we desire or need.
    A great new book, CD and DVD is out that I think explains it best to date. That is called, "The Secret." Check it out.
    The radio show Coast to Coast AM with George Noorey is perhaps the greatest learning tool ever to come acreoss the waves. I agree that sometimes there are people on the show that are whacked out and even just out to make a buck. Why, even Sylvia Brown was on one night and she said that those miners trapped in the Sago mine would be all alive. In just a short time, the news flash said they were all dead but one. So you see, you can learn something no matter what on Coast to Coast. I learned that Sylvia Brown is a hoax! So did George Noory. It is a great show and the amount of listeners they have proves that.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Oh man I used to listen to coast to coast when Art Bell was the regular host. I didn't really believe it. I believe a few people were telling the truth or what they perceived as the truth but it what I always loved trying to figure out was weather Art Bell really believed what he was hearing. Sometimes he would just go "Mmmm-Hmmm" and I always got the impression he didn't believe a word of what he was hearing.

But when they would bring on authors they could really have a good coversation. For example they might have an author of a book about UFO cover ups and it would be fasinating listening to them. I never believed a word but I always believed the author believed everything he or she was saying which made it seem genuine.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Art Bell is a very intelligent man and no, he does not believe it all. As a matter of a fact, he is quite conservative in his beliefs. George Norry is about the same however, you think he believes them when he is just working them to get a great interview. He is the master at getting a great interview!
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I learned that Sylvia Brown is a hoax! So did George Noory.
    Sylvia Brown has been proven a con many times over. I remember reading about a child that was kidnapped in Texas and Sylvia Brown told the parents 4 years after the kidnapping the child was still alive. Now I'm not going to blame the parents for getting a psychic because I would too in that same situation. I'd do anything and of course the parents are holding on to some kind of hope so there going to believe something in such a highly emotional state. Later her kidnapper was captured and he told the authorities where the little girl was. She was murdered 3 days after the kidnapping.

Sylvia Brown is an evil woman. Giving parents a false hope under such emotional pain only to find out later they had nothing to hope for.

The very least she could have done is said she can't get a reading so she could protect her con game and not given false hope the parents. I really hate that women.

Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Art Bell is a very intelligent man and no, he does not believe it all. As a matter of a fact, he is quite conservative in his beliefs. George Norry is about the same however, you think he believes them when he is just working them to get a great interview. He is the master at getting a great interview!
    I know I've heard George Norry (I didn't know his name until you said it) but to me he's just not the same as Art Bell. I was never a die hard who would go out of his way to listen but once I found it on the radio I never changed the dial. But Art Bell was just so fun to listen too and I guess George Norry is probably the same way because they know that someone is going to call and just make up something and it would be great the way they let them tell there story even if they don't believe it. They don't cut them off but rather let the caller talk themselves out. Even if you take out the subject matter it's kind of a fascinating conversation approach.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Yes, I agree Sylvia Brown is evil to give folks hope only to have them shocked by the reality of the situation. Now she is trying to promote her Son's career as if he is a great sage of some sort. They really make me sick! Her and so many like her are doing just that, all for a buck.
    By the way, Art Bell is only on the show on weekends now and he is having mostly scientist and people with PHDs on. You know what PHD stands for don't you? Piled Higher and Deeper! A BS is of course Bull Sh*# and a MS is just More Sh*#
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Sylvia Brown reading over the phone or in person costs 700 dollars.

I think her sons reading maybe a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

Although I am interested in pychics, I do believe in the gift. I have had my own personal experiances, but to do it for money tells me it is not legit.

Bluerose, I enjoyed reading what you wrote and I do believe that our thoughts create the world around us and even shape the next world we move onto to as well.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76

Although I am interested in pychics, I do believe in the gift. I have had my own personal experiances, but to do it for money tells me it is not legit.
    I believe in them to. And to be honest if they were legit I wouldn't even mind paying for them. I know some law enforcement agencies have used psychics and received positive results. I know that some psychics have flat out solved cases. Some psychics have found bodies. So there is something there. And those psychics should be compensated in my opinion. But they are the minority not the majority.

I've heard were all psychics in some way and I think that's true. I've had feelings come over me and tell me not to do something, and I've done it only to have something bad be the result. I think real psychics are more in tune with that inner voice (or outer voice from somewhere else perhaps) and can pick up on things that most people can't or won't.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Chuff,

When I was a teenager, I started having dreams that would come true. That very day, sometimes weeks later, sometimes years later. I still have them from time to time.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Jesushelper,

I remember when I was 17 and my friend was bugging me for a ride to his girl friends about 20 minutes out of my way. He kept bugging me for a couple hours (we were at work). I just had this overwhelming feeling not to do it. I kept saying no and eventually I caved in and said I would. I wrote off the internal feeling I had as one of not wanting to drive 20 minutes away.

On the way over there I got hit by another driver right in the side of the drivers side door. I had was carted off to the hospital and had some internal bleeding. The car had several thousand dollars worth of damage. Some how this was deemed my fault even though he hit me and swerved into me. I took him to court and still lost. It cost me a lot of money and some pain as well.

And yet before I left work something inside me (or outside me) knew that bad things were about to happen. I continued to discount the feelings and write them off. They were right and they were trying to tell me something. I didn't listen.

I've had similar situations after that where I've had this overwhelming feeling of pain or something in my gut that says "don't do what your about to do" and I've continued to ignore them or get talked out of them or even pressured out of them by my own family and get horrible results in many different situations.

I wish I had something sort of guide me in the right direction because I've never really felt that but I know I have some kind of warning system or something tells me when something bad is going to happen. I've finally started to accept it a little more and listen to it in the last year when it's come up. It only comes up every 6 months or a year so it's not like a daily thing but when it happens I can feel it all through my body. It's very hard to describe but it's very real.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Yes, it is very real. Too many people ignore their instincts or gut feelings. It is hard to explain but I know exactly where you are coming from.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 03:32 PM
    "A great new book, CD and DVD is out that I think explains it best to date. That is called, "The Secret." Check it out."

I want this so much but I don't think it is out in the UK yet.

It's based on The Masterkey System which I have read.

Here is a free online link to it. -

PsiTek - The Master Key System - FREE
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 04:00 PM
    "When I was a teenager, I started having dreams that would come true. That very day, sometimes weeks later, sometimes years later. I still have them from time to time."

Me too, even younger. I was much older before I began to believe it was more than coincidence. Even today I have two recurring dreams that 'guide' me.

Put into words it sounds rather silly but it is real, they are real.

I'll tell you about them sometime.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I would love to hear about them, I will also share mine. Sometime. As long as this thread is kept alive. (;
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 04:36 PM
    "Yes, it is very real. Too many people ignore their instincts or gut feelings. It is hard to explain but I know exactly where you are coming from."

I read The Masterkey in my twenties. I am reading it again since re-discovering it online. I don't believe I took it all in the first time around. But, nevertheless, the seed was sown and I became a much more positive thinker. And that is where the bases of my beliefs come from - reading that book. Now what drove me to read it? Too many coincidences. I was beginning to notice a pattern - this would happen if I did this, or if I thought that. I have been called psychic but I don't like it because I think it is more than that. And if we stick the psychic label on it, we could be missing something really important. After all there is so much of the brain that we don't use - so what is it for?

And when you speak of getting a 'warning' from inside or outside of you... I would go as far as saying it is from the inside.

It is a wonderful topic. But, like the radio show you spoke of earlier, some people can get a little caught up in the subject and before they know where they are, they imagine all sorts happened to them. It's like reading a medical journal and then thinking you have most of the symptoms in it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Here's my take on dreams. Your brain is like a computer with information being fed in all the time. Much, much more information than you realise. And just like everything is saved to hard drive when you shut down your computer, all that information is sorted and stored. I imagine it a bit like those big old fashioned mail sorting boxes at the post office.

Have you ever deliberately gone without sleep for as long as possible? If we don't go to bed and allow the brain to do it's work it starts doing it while we are awake. Most of us would just fall asleep eventually. But those who don't are the ones who have hallucinations (nocturnal visions) and see things like ghosts at the foot of their bed.

Now for their meaning. They can mean whatever you think they mean. All that information has been logged even if you are unaware of it - it's yours. And when you dream and look for a meaning in the dream, there is a very good chance you will be right. It's not the dream giving you the message, it's your interpretation of the dream.

These are my 'warning' dreams.

I have a warning dream that works every time. But I am the one who put the significance there in the first place, I decided what it meant, and now I can use it through my subconscious.

Actually I have two, not really keen on talking about the second one. But never mind, if nothing else it'll give you a laugh.

1)... Dogs.. Dogs in my dream are a warning... the bigger and blacker the dog the more serious the warning... the smaller, lighter the dog not so serious. Those mostly turn out to be about kids. Sounds crazy I know. But it works for me and that is what is important.

2)... If I dream that I am sitting on or trying to go to the loo... I wake up knowing I have been talking a load of sh**. (I'll probably have that one tonight. Lol)

The best interpretation of your dreams is whatever you think it means, no one else. Dreams are messages from you to you. All that information gets stored depending on its importance and its usefulness to you in your life and gets chalked up as your Life Experiences.

And, like a computer, the quality of the information that comes out will depend on the quality of the information that was fed in.

Be more selective in everything... Spend more quality time with the people you care about the most. Be positive, and…. Think nice thoughts.

And now it is your turn to tell me about yours. Lol
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 05:07 PM
    ... Had this in my files.

"In the beginning, Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1960) studied under Sigmund Freud. Eventually, their differing views on dreams caused a major rift and each went their separate ways.

Like Freud, Jung believed in the existence of the unconscious. However, he didn't see the unconscious as animalistic, instinctual, and sexual; he saw it as more spiritual. Dreams were a way of communicating and acquainting ourselves with the unconscious. Dreams were not attempts to conceal our true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they were a window to our unconscious. They served to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness. Dreams offered a solution to a problem we are facing in our waking life.

Jung viewed the ego as one's sense of self and how we portray ourselves to the world. Part of Jung's theory was that all things can be viewed as paired opposites (i.e. good/evil, male/female, or love/hate). And thus working in opposition to the ego, is the "counterego" or what he referred to as the shadow. The shadow represents rejected aspects of yourself that you do not wish to acknowledge. It is considered an aspect of yourself which is somewhat more primitive, uncultured, and awkward."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two zone system? [ 3 Answers ]

I am intending on replacing my 50+ years old gravity furnace. This may appear straightforward, however I have an in-law apartment in the basement that I rent which needs upgrading. Currently I have a gas wall heater there, but according to current San Francisco codes, I cannot just replace it with...

In the Thanksgiving Zone Now [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, cranberry chutney and pumpkin pie made, so its official... we're in the Thanksgiving Zone now. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

How do I wire a new FHW zone [ 5 Answers ]

I have a gas fired, forced hot water heating system with 3 zones. The zones are controlled by a TACO switching relay (SR506). I would like to add a 4th zone. That is relatively simple. I can add the circulating pump, etc. and can easily connect the new thermostat. But I do not want a...

Zone valves [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a wiring diagram for a new dunkirk boiler . Just the diagram for the 3 zone valves. Company says that the boiler transformer is enough to run three zones ( 24v) . Or do I need to add transformer. Just can't figure out the wiring from one zone valve to another. Contacts on each zone are...

Wiring a 2nd zone [ 1 Answers ]

Central a/c is all set up on my finished basement as a 2nd zone. In the upstairs hall closet, I can see a large round pipe running down from the attic to the basement. Ceiling ductwork and vents in the basement are all connected to it. There is a programmable thermostat in the basement as well. The...

View more questions Search