Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMAC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother?
    It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings?

I have no idea...
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Nov 27, 2006, 05:24 PM
    No you are not related to your brother in laws family. The reason he is your brother in law is because your sister legally married him.

Nov 27, 2006, 05:29 PM
    Thank you so much, that's what I was thinking, but my friends keep saying I'm related to him!

Thankss

Nov 27, 2006, 05:43 PM
    You are welcome. I have to explain to people all the time that my brother in laws sister is not my family, but we treat her like family. Plus I have a friend who married her brother in laws brother. If you were related you could never marry an in laws sibling.

Nov 27, 2006, 05:46 PM
    That's so truu, I had a crush on my brother-in-laws brother Before they were married, and everyone was like he's your family yadda yadda yadda and yaa

Nov 27, 2006, 05:51 PM
    No relation. Good Luck!

Heather
    xxBESTxxKEPTxxSECRETxx Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Nov 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
    No. You are not related to him OR his siblings. But if you look at it in a different way, we are all related. If Adam and Eve were the first 2 people alive, we are their great great great great great great grea great(and so on) grandchildren. So, if you look at it that way, yes. If you don't, the no. You're not related.
    crazy_kendall3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Yea but then no one could marry anyone since were all "technically related" which intercepts with the one christian moral of no sex before marriage. So why would we all get married anyway if were all in fact related. So since I've been married for 47 yrs.. you would say he is my brother, or another part of my family. I think not. So technically he's not your bloodline or that would be sick. :)
    phencious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Which of this sentence is the right way to say?
    Harriet feels that her brothers-in-law or brother-in-laws are impossible to get a long? Im just confused
    But I chose brothers-in-law I don't know if its correct thank you
    Lusty24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Am I related to my sister on laws husband
    hot123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
    If I wanted to marry my brother's wife's brother. Are we related?
    Featherhead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
    So if I dated my brother in laws brother there is nothing wrong with that. Cause him and I liked each other before my sister and my brother in law got married?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Your brother-in-law is not your blood relative. You could date him if you wanted to. His brother is another step down the chain.

No, there's no problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted brother [ 10 Answers ]

Am I legally allowed to look for my over 18 yr old brother , even though my mum doesn't want too.. How do I go about this.. I am 30 and in UK

Help. My brother is huffing. [ 5 Answers ]

Last night I came home from a week long trip after my parents picked me up from the airport. When we got home my 15 going on 16 year old brother was home alone and the house smelled like gas for the second time within a few months period. We knew it right then and there he was huffing. We all...

My Friends Brother [ 7 Answers ]

OK so I don't know what's going on I sort of like my friends brother hunter and I just don't know what the heck to do I mean if we dated it woud be complety weird because 1st if we kissed oin front of her it would feel weird but I think I really like him in 3 days we've talked on the phone for...

My brother hates me! [ 1 Answers ]

Yet another question but this time not about my b/f... My b/f's brother. He just got a g/f about 3 months ago and me and him used to be really close I used to call him my big brother and he called me his little sis yeah close so since he got his g/f he's been ignoring me and being an ass I told him...

Hermit Brother [ 1 Answers ]

This sounds like a good ol' classic case of Chat Addiction. I remember when I used to be just like that, as an ex-nethead I would cut myself off from other people unintetionally but this would alienate my friends and family and it started to show. If he is anything like me then he'll grow out of...

View more questions Search