Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blue_man999 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Tongue Piercing Problems
    I got my tongue pierced about 5 days ago and I just had a couple of questions. First, my tongue has turned white. I think it may be dead taste buds but Im not sure. Second I woke up this morning and I dried blood around the piercing on my tongue. Is that normal? Thirdly white stuff come out of the top of my tongue from time to time. Is that normal. Lastly there is and indent on my tongue where the ball is, will this go away eventually? Thank you for your help! :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
    The white color on your tongue is a sign of overcleaning. How often are you using mouthwash?

As for the dried blood, did it bleed upon being pierced? Also, have you done something to accidentally tear the piercing?

The white stuff coming out of your tongue is your body's immune system trying to patch the hole. It is the same concept as if you got your cartilage pierced and you develop "crusties" around it, only with your tongue it doesn't get hard like a crust. If this discharge turns yellow or green, see a doctor.

The indentation in your tongue is a result of your tongue swelling around the ball. This is normal and should disappear within a few days. Eat ice and take Ibuprofen to speed up this process. :) **EDIT** - I know this sounds bad but it is actually normal swelling. If your tongue swells completely around the ball, see a doctor.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Hi :)

So total... between my husband and I, we have had our tongue pierced 5 times :)

The white on your tongue is most likely from the intense cleaning you are doing (listerine) that should go away shortly.

The dried blood is normal... you had a needle stuck through your tongue... there is going to be some blood.

With you only getting you tongue pierced 5 days ago the white coming out is most likely dead skin cells and should go away as your piercing heals. Keep in mind, this is an oral piercing, so you may get tarter build up on the acutal barbell, which will look white, you can brush your barbell with a toothbrush (while still in your mouth) and it will remove the build up.

The indentation is normal as well... it will fade, but most likely not completely disappear. This is only from where the ball of the barbell lays on the tongue. It is completely
    Normal :)
    cxxidemon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 03:37 PM
    I have a white thing on mi tongue too! I don't know if its infected or if its normal. Mi tongue isn't white or yellow its pink but that white piece of skin is concerning me.. u have any idea what that is?
    ashkeyd Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2010, 12:15 PM
    All the same questions I've been asking myself too. I got it pierced 5 days ago, but I asked my friend all these questions cause he got his toungue pierced a long time ago.
    He said that the white on your tongue is from overcleaning it, it'll be fine..
    The blood happened to him too.. it happens while your piercing is healing, completely normal.
    And the white coming out of your tongue piercing just means its healing.. its supposed to build up crust like any other piercing but since its your tongue it will come out as a white or clearish liquid.
    And the indent is completely normal, its just from the swelling. Once it heals it'll eventually go away. :)
    lupita24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 07:07 PM
    Soo I got mine pierce like 3 days ago and my the bottom where the ball stays against your gums its feel so weird... when can I change the tongue ring and is it okay if yellow stuff comes frm the bottom of the tongue ring?
    NatesGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 11:56 PM
    Hey guys I have had my tongue Pierced for 3 months.
    Your tongue turning white is normal. What are you using for mouthwash? If its listerine You should be diluting it 50/50 with water.
    The discharge that is coming out is normal as well along with some bleeding.
    I woke up the second day of having mine with a ring of blood around it.
    Also if your tongue tears it will heal in time and if this takes place continue your aftercare until it does.
    You can change your barbell as soon as 2 weeks after the piercing(I had to change mine then because I kept biting the ball and my tongue tore but I would advise waiting at least 3-4 weeks.

katXD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 10:15 AM
    I had mine done like 6 days ago. And Someone told me not to use mouthwash that has alcohol in it, because it gets infected, but the perfessional that did my tonuge told me to use mouthwash with alcohol. So do I use the nonacohol mouthwash or keep using the alcohol mouthwash. And I also have white stuff that comes out around the hole, but it don't hurt!
    shaylovesu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 08:04 PM
    I had my tongue pierced two days ago and on the top it is white and it just showed up today is that normal?
    davie_meidinger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 12:34 PM
    I got my tongue pierced a week ago and the swelling is mostly gone but around the bar and there is a indent in the bottom and the ball goes completely into it will that go away as it heals?
    emmajane25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 12:48 AM
    I had my tongue pierced on Friday afternoon and today is Sunday, I woke up this morning with a bit of blood round the top of the piercing, is this normal?
    Deatris Bibb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Am thinking about getting a tongue ring bt am supa scared
    Tanjaknobloch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 12:36 AM
    I got my tongue piercing 4 days ago and ever since my mouth has been pretty dry. Is this normal? & also it still hurts to eat is this also normal? I've also seen a little bit of the white stuff of the top of the piercing but I'm not too sure if that's just the process of the healing.
    jsielai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 12:04 PM
    I had my tongue pierced 3 days ago, but instead of it being swollen like it was, the tip of my tongue is now hard... is that normal?
    XLynnzieX Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 11:52 AM
    I just got mine done too only 2 days ago and its doing the same thing... I just have a hard time brushing my teeth because my tongue takes over most of my mouth haha Im just wondering when the swelling will go down and if soda is OK to drink? Can anyone help me out?
    xRachYx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 11:15 PM
    I got mine peirced on Wednesday wit by bro, which rocked! And mine has been fine, I had a Lil lump on the front of my piercing yesterday but my piercer said it could be a taste bud that is all mest up! Did this happen to anyone else?
    squeakers166 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Hi I just got mine pierced 3 days ago and my tongue is so swollen that the top ball is almost all the way in my tongue... its not infected I don't think but what do I do please help me out if you can Thanks! @! Email me @ [email protected] Thanks
    codii123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Hey I had my tongue pierced siix days ago and it bled a little bit at first which is completely I normail I think but ime started to get worried because my piercing has been starting to bleed but its not like I little bit like it was when I frst had it don't it's a lot more than that what does that mean?? Pleasee replyy :)

Oct 5, 2012, 06:38 AM
    Your tongue can swell up quite a bit that is normal if it carrys on swelling then go and see your doctor and get it checked out it is better to ne safe than sorry :)

Oct 5, 2012, 06:39 AM
    If you want to get it done do some research about it first, find out all the facts about everything and what you should do if something happens and find out what's suppose to happen and what's not suppose to happen and then after you have done that if you still want it doing then go for it, then that way you have all the information you eed to know and will know what to do and what not to do etc. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Piercing [ 15 Answers ]

Ok Ok, so I got my tongue pierced about 4 days ago! It's still kind of swollen but I can eat. I eat slow but I can still eat! I was just wondering.. what am I NOT allowed eat? I heard I can't eat chocolate and dairy stuff? Is that true?

Tongue piercing [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: Ok, so I have been trying to convince my mom that I should get a Tongue Ring, and i don't know how to convince her. If any one has any ideas, please let me know! ~Thanks:confused:

Tongue piercing twice [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have my tongue pierced once And am thinking about getting it done again But am unsure as it might affect the way I give blowjobs Can anyone help or give any advice on this Thanks Xxx

Tongue Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I want to ask if the tongue piercing causes cancer!

Tongue piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I just was wondering if anyone knows if the next day after u get your tongue pierced is it normal for it to all of a sudden bleed:confused:

View more questions Search