Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JPD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Thermostat Wiring
    Hello

I bought a Noma Programmable Therm. Model 52-2549-0 and installed it in the winter.

The Furnace worked fine, but now I tried the AC and no go.

I have 4 wires. 1 set in a Green Insulation around a Red and Black wires and the other 2 wires are white and black.

Here is how it is plugged into the noma thermostat

G - Red Wire - Green Insulation one
    Y - Black Wire - Green insulation one
    Rc/Rh - Black Wire (jumpered)
    W/ B/O - White

Any ideas?

Thank you
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Do you have any idea where these wires were on the old thermostat? What model is the furnace?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Look at the terminal board in the furnace and determine where the wires from the thermostat go to on th terminal board.
    The R terminal should match up with the Rh on the thermostat.
    The W terminal should match up with the W on the thermostat.
    The G terminal should match up with the G on the thermostat
    The Y terminal should match up with the Y on the thermostat.

Also on the Y terminal at the furnace you should have a wire from the compressor.
    Also on the C terminal at the furnace you should have a second wire from the compressor.

You can use a OHM meter to find out which wires are which.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Honeywell Thermostat from the 50's (I think, I know it's old). When I removed it to replace it, I uncovered 4 unmarked wires, 2 red and 2 white. They all seemed to connected to both the clock and the temperature control. Does anyone know how to connect these to the new Themrostat. It's the...

Wiring a thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a honeywell pro 4000 from the air handler and the heat pump to the thermostat?

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace. The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES) It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat. The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them? The W has a White...

Wiring New Thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I'm installing a Honeywell RTH7000 thermostat in a house recently purchased. Not sure of all the technical details and options of HVAC system. It's carrier heatpump 38BYC with a FA4AN air handler (according to the plates), I don't know what options it may or may not have, other than spotting a...

Thermostat wiring help [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a new thermostat. The old one just controlled heat, and my idiot brother-in-law (who works for trane btw) somehow rigged it to work the heat and air. The wiring for the heat was pretty self explanitory, but the wires to the air are not labeled and I have no idea which is which. Can...

View more questions Search