Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OgechiEkechi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2016, 04:52 AM
    Research on congratulatory messages
    What is the attitude of Britons towards congratulatory messages posted in the newspaper. For example,
    I) Do British people see the sponsors of these messages as being sincere in expressing their feelings or being pretentious.
    ii) Do the senders of congratulatory messages exploit the medium/situation to accomplish their own purposes - gain or reinforce political influence, solicitation and advertisement of products and services or just to fulfill societal expectations.
    iii) Are there consequences (positive or negative) for failure to greet? This post is from a research student with interest in the field of sociolinguistics. Target audience is the British people. Kindly send me your objective opinions . Thank you!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2016, 05:52 AM
    Interesting. Haven't seen a British regular here in at least a year, I think.
    I'm American and have no clear idea about what you are asking.
    In my small town newspapers, there are sometimes family/friend congratulations, such as graduation or joining the military or starting a career. Is that the type you mean. (Yes, I know you want Brits to answer. I'm just curious.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can receive text messages but no one can get any of my text messages I send [ 1 Answers ]

I have a virgin mobile phone and I accidentally left it in my clothes and it got washed and it wouldn't work so I just bought the same phone and just switched my account to my new phone today and I was able to text message until just recently I can receive text messages that someone else sends me...

Mixed messages [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you, Okay, I have another guy question. There is this guy I used to llike that goes to my school. I liked him 4 2 weeks then decided weed be better as friends. So now we are friends.But in the mean time he kind of has been flirtacious.. well I think so.at our track meet he was kind of...

View more questions Search