Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jan 5, 2016, 09:30 AM
    Switching between windows in Windows 10
    In prior versions of windows, if I wanted to switch to a different window/task, I just clicked the icon on the task bar. Windows 10 worked that way at first. Now the only way to switch is to minimize the active window, then click the one I want. I assume this is the result of an update.

Is there some way I can get it back to where I just click on the desired icon and go there?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jan 6, 2016, 08:30 AM
    I have no intention to use Win 10 but here is a page that might help you figure it out.

How to Configure and Customize the Taskbar in Windows 10

It seems the task bar is getting as complicated as the OS itself. Oh how I miss the days of simplicity. MS seems to be stuck in a rut of complexity I want no part of. I don't know how dated the page is, with Win 10 being developed on the fly I guess your stuck with, how did David Bowie say it? Cha Cha Cha Changes.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 6, 2016, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    I have no intention to use Win 10 but here is a page that might help you figure it out.

How to Configure and Customize the Taskbar in Windows 10

It seems the task bar is getting as complicated as the OS itself. Oh how I miss the days of simplicity. MS seems to be stuck in a rut of complexity I want no part of. I don't know how dated the page is, with Win 10 being developed on the fly I guess your stuck with, how did David Bowie say it? Cha Cha Cha Changes.
    I agree with you, I find Win 10 as useless as "Teats on a Boar Hog". Will stick with Win 7. Other than opening the tiles useless.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2016, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by walt17 View Post
    In prior versions of windows, if I wanted to switch to a different window/task, I just clicked the icon on the task bar. Windows 10 worked that way at first. Now the only way to switch is to minimize the active window, then click the one I want. I assume this is the result of an update.

Is there some way I can get it back to where I just click on the desired icon and go there?
    This actually happens a lot with me, and seems to be a mistake I make that splits the windows into separate screens. What I have been doing is closing one of the split windows, and reopening it in a new tab in the taskbar. I think I am over touching/tapping my touch screen when moving the pointer through the working windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I change windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows xp interface [ 1 Answers ]

Can I change windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows xp interface

I have windows Vista, and I can't open files designated to Windows Media Center? [ 9 Answers ]

I have Windows Vista, which came with this computer, And occasionally get files from my daughter's school designated to Windows Media Center, which I can't open in anything. There seems to be nowhere to open it in Media Center, but when I click it... that's where it takes me. Very frustrating.

When switching on the compaq n610c the computer won't pick up windows [ 1 Answers ]

When switching the PC on the windows won't pick up and I have a blank screen

Switching Windows [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone switched a system from like a Windows 2000 to a Windows XP? How would you go about doing this? Or lets say I have a Vista basic Hom edition and I want XP, how would I go about doing this. Any help is appreciated.

View more questions Search