Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumigirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Biblical riddle
    Using 2 letters twice, and four only once, tell me how, in two words, to obtain mercy.

Hint: two words total of 8 letters
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Feb 7, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Forgive? Please tell me what the answer is even is I get it wrong.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Feb 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by addy
    forgive??Please tell me wat the answer is even is I get it wrong.
    Did you even read all of the riddle? It is two words and two letters are repeated.

Feb 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Gee, sorry to have disturbed you by my guess! I thought America was a free country and the Freedom of Speech counted here, but I guess not! Geez

Feb 11, 2007, 08:22 PM
    You could have at least tried. I mean if you would have rechecked the question you should have clearly seen that your answer is wrong.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 08:26 PM
    I give up, I did try within my head. I am not thinking straight tonight. Please reveal the answer.

Please !

Joe

Feb 12, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Okay,this isn't a life or death situation.Riddles are supposed to be fun.As long as you have fun then your OK, sorry I didn't give it my all by using every spare minute of my time to think about the riddle.Sum of us have lives with other humans

Feb 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Oh and thank you Jesushelper, forgivness is important
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Yes, it is. (;

It is important to have fun too. I really really want to know the answer. (; But the poster disappeared with the answer and will not reveal it.

How mean. );
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sumigirl
    Using 2 letters twice, and four only once, tell me how, in two words, to obtain mercy.

Pray hard?
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 05:12 PM
    That is a good one!
    l99057j Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Feb 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
    I've seen this one before, but didn't want to put the answer too quickly and ruin it.

THE BIBLE

Although nosnosna's answer seems just as good.

Feb 12, 2007, 07:40 PM

Hint #2: On the subject of mercy there is one particular Beatitude, found in the 5th or 6th chapter of Matthiew, as I recall, that holds the key. If one knew that Beatitude, and followed it, then one possible solution to the riddle might be: Only Obey. However, the real solution requires no such prior knowledge.

This will serve, however, to give you an example: The 'O' is used twice. The 'y' is used twice. The n, the l, the b, and the e are all used only once. Total of 8 letters, total ofTwo words.

Feb 13, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by addy
    Okay,this isnt a life or death situation.Riddles are supposed to be fun.As long as you have fun then your ok, sorry I didnt give it my all by using every spare minute of my time to think about the riddle.Sum of us have lives with other humans
    What the hell are you talking about? It took my 2 seconds to figure out you were wrong!
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Easy does it now. Simmer down.

Joe
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
    I still like Nos's answer, but how about this one?

Give Love.

Feb 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
    I like your answer.worthbeads, sorry to have offended you, OK! Its just a riddle!! Your griping me out over a [I][B]riddle[I][B\]!! A riddle! Its good that you can figure out a riddle within 2 seconds! Not all of us are geniuses! Its like you have OCD over if sum1 posts an answer that is completely wrong.

Do me a favor,see a shrink, because your totally overeacting over a small thing.

Its like I always say,
    If you can't get over the little things in life there is no way you can you can get over the big things.

Don't want to fight, but will if necessary.

Feb 13, 2007, 07:42 PM

Ok so far all the answers have been good "BUT" Nope, not yet. For instance the answer The Bible Even though it does fit the criteria: Using two letters twice... this uses two letters twice -- the "E" and the B.
    And 4 once, and in two words. But like Only Obey, it doesn't 't give a direct answer.

Nice try though. Very nice. But no, it's not The Answer, When you know it, you will agree. It is one of those riddles that it is so easy it is hard.

Keep trying.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!!

Feb 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!!!
    Ahhh what?:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help on riddle [ 15 Answers ]

Ok I need the answer to this riddle. It has been bugging the crap out of me for like 2 weeks now and I can't find the answer so I turned to the internet. Here is the riddle. A man walks into a bar and strikes up a conversation with the bartender. He finds out that the bartender has three kids. ...

Another Riddle [ 8 Answers ]

A barrel of water weighs 20 lbs. right now. What do you add to it to make it weigh only 12 lbs. (answer below) -- --

Biblical Baseball Team [ 6 Answers ]

undefined :confused: I am searching for a story that I heard several years ago and can't for the life of me remember more than a couple things about it. I know it was very funny and had been told to some church youth at a gathering. The story is about a baseball team made up of Biblical...

Symbolism of water, biblical, and in literature [ 5 Answers ]

Latetly I have noticed How fascinated I am with water, and I was wondering what religios symbolism has been placed in/ about water. Dreams or anything really. IT has the strangest amounts of calming to where I can just see a picture of water and all my anger seems to melt. Like it washes away with...

Riddle [ 1 Answers ]

Twice eight are ten of us, yet ten is just three. Seven of us are five. Can you now see? If this is not enough, I will tell you a bit more, Nineteen of us are eight, and nine is just four.

View more questions Search