Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Dream interpretation
    I have this recurring dream, I get it maybe once or twice a month, and I've had it for a few years. I just had it again last night, so I was reminded that I had wanted to post a question about it here.

I went to a girl's boarding school for several years during my teens, up until I graduated. The school was a home away from home for me, I loved it, and I thrived there. My dream is, I am back enrolled at the school, because I haven't yet completed grade 12. It's present day though, and I am the age I am now (26). In the dream, I know it's all wrong... I feel humiliated to be back there, and very homesick for my current life. I feel older than everyone else, and I don't know any of the other students... they are all teens. I wander around the school, talk to my old teachers, etc, trying to get out and get back home. When I wake up I'm always relieved that it's not true. Any ideas?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 20, 2006, 11:23 AM
    I believe you have a longing to return to a place you "loved" and "thrived". This was probably a very carefree time in your life where you were happiest.

The problem is that you know you can't live in the past, so you are trying to get out of this place in order to "move on" into your life.

I have very similar dreams. I went to university in Toronto in the 80's, and it was the best time of my life. I often dream I live in the dorm, or am walking around the campus, but ultimately I need to "get back" to my current life... with all the troubles and responsibilities I now have...
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Wow that was a great interpretation! It really makes sense too. I was very happy then. Not that I'm not happy now, but as you say, I have responsibilities now that I didn't have then. It's nice to know that you also have similar dreams. Thanks so much!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Hi, orange,
    I am not a dream interpreter; but if you do want to see some information about dreams, take a look at this:
    http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/th...ightmares.html
    Although it says for "kids", it's good for adults, too.
    Best of luck.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Thanks Fred. I checked out the site... it's okay, but like you say, probably more suitable for children. I added it to my favorites though, in case I want to use some of the suggestions for my 4 and 6 year old.

Actually there is a really great dream interpretation site on the internet... it's called Dream Moods: http://www.dreammoods.com - I usually go there if I want some information about my dreams, as they have an extensive dream dictionary and a large section on nightmares, too. Occasionally though I don't find what I'm looking for, and so I come here. Anyway I would suggest that if you want to give people a good dream interpretation site, this is the one to go with!
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 28, 2006, 11:32 PM
    Please refer to this website to get better control of your dreams and to begin to change your dream into something that makes sense. It is very useful!! http://www.saltcube.com/

Hypatia
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Thanks Hypatia... I have just bookmarked the site and will definitely have a look. Dreams are so fascinating!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need a dream interpretation [ 9 Answers ]

I had a dream where I was sitting in this room and there are people beside me but I don't remember there faces. I see a door open and I ask the person beside me "whats in there". Then I am walking into this room, and someone comes in after me and shuts the door. Now it is like I am on the ceiling...

I had a weird dream. (can I get an interpretation). [ 3 Answers ]

All right here is what happens. I had a dream where I impregnated a girl who I graduated high school with. What happens is I hear she is in the hospital, and she tells me there that we have a kid. Anyhow, I reacted in the best possible light to the news. I became estatic and started parading my...

Bad dream [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: hi i have a problem, ive been with my fiance for almost 3 years, we are now 18 and out of high school and doing very good. we have never cheated on eachother, as far as i know, and we are best friends, im very happy with him, but last night while falling asleep in his arms, i had the...

I need a Dream Interpretation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been dreaming quite a bit about this boy in my class who obviously likes me. I'll call him Josh. Yet its getting weird, because I'd never hook up with Josh. (its got to do with my religion). I don't really remember the exact details of the dreams but it started as like a...

Dream interpretation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I had a dream last night... yet I have no clue what it could mean. I have this huge fish tank at home... in my dream I dreamt that the smallest gold fish kept jumping out of the aquarium. Every time it jumped out, it didn't look like it was suffocating but it looked fine... every time I...

View more questions Search