Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anubis2108 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2016, 03:22 PM
    Real experience many years ago. Please help.
    Hello everyone.

I solely registered on this forum to ask this question about a thing I saw many years ago. I do not know exactly how long ago, but it must be close to 20 years ago, I am 29 years old today. The reason I ask this question is because its something that have haunted me for the rest of my life, and by that I mean I can never go long without thinking about it. I decided to finally get it out somewhere.. so really really hope you got some kind of explanation to what it could be or maybe even somebody know of a text that explains about such "things". To start with I did like to give people an idea about who I am before judging me, as I would understand how it may seem for somebody that has never experienced something like this before. I am very critic myself when it comes to stuff like this, and I am not sure how I would react if somebody told me a story like this.

I live in Denmark. I got a girlfriend here and I recently became a dad for the first time to a good looking boy. My life is pretty normal.. go to work everyday. Take care of my family.. hang out with my friends in my spare time. As for belief. I do not know how to describe myself with a term. I do not believe in god particular. I do believe that there is something "more" we do not understand.
    Anyway, besides this experience I had, supernatural questions or religious things is not really something I think about a lot in my life. I do love horror movies about supernatural beings. This interest might be something I have gotten after the experience I had, I can't tell for sure.

Let me explain what I saw.

Okay here we go..

I was visiting my grand mom I remember, she had an apartment on the second floor which was the top floor in that building. When you came into the apartment there was a hallway with a kitchen to the left. Rather small kitchen. About 8-9 m2, maybe less. To the right of the hallway was the bathroom, about the same size as the kitchen. If you continue through the hallway the hallway would end at a wall with the living room to the left. When you entered the living room you had the bedroom on your right hand. As you enter the bedroom, It has two windows that runs allmost the length of the room on the opposite side of the entrance. They were as tall as me at that time I think. This was the room I saw the "thing" in. It was in the evening. I was always sleeping in the bed with my grand mom. The bed was put so I could look out the window. My grand mom had fallen asleep while I was still awake. This is where I saw a figure moving from the right to left over the window.. It was smaller than the window. Yet sizeable enough to resemble a small child. What bothers me here is. We are on second floor with only 1 big tree in the garden and the street lambs are on the other side of the garden about 30 meters away. Logically anything cast from a street lamb onto the window from that distance would be much bigger. The figure moved slowly at first. Then stopped. I was so scared I remember. After a moment I took the courage to slowly move to the window and pull away the curtains where nothing was there. And it was gone when I went back to bed.
    Another thing was that the figure was so perfectly human alike so I could not figure out anything that could've cast a shadow like that. I told my grand mom the story next day I remember. I do not remember her answer, but I guess she did not put much thought to it because when I asked her in my current age she did not remember.

In advance I must apologize for my poor English.
    Hope any of you got an idea about what it could be. Thanks.

Sep 29, 2016, 03:27 PM
    Notice: Think this should had been in the section for paranormal questions. But I had trouble finding the section when I had to make the thread. Thought this was right. Not sure if anyone can move it?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2016, 04:26 PM
    'And it was gone when I went back to bed.'

Chances are you saw it in a dream, or when waking up, very common.
    I too can remember such events (2 or 3 in 70 years) very vividly.

Sep 29, 2016, 04:30 PM
    Yeah I know about a state of mind where you are not really asleep or awake but somewhere between where your mind can make you see things. Which would be a very possible explanation. It just felt so real.

I geuss this all comes down to me wanting to believe that there was more to it than just my mind playing tricks on me. I was hoping other people had experienced something similare.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 4, 2016, 03:17 PM
    Something else you could have experienced is a shadow person. For most people they are seen out of the corner of your eyes and not directly. But it still is possible to see at other angles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hello I had a tubal ligation don't 4 years ago six months ago I was on reseradone for [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I had a tubal ligation don't 4 years ago six months ago I was on reseradone for 3 years and my hormone levels created a false pregnancy I discontinued all medications I was on and lost 70 pound now this month my period was about a week late but I did get it but it was lighter than usually...

Real life experience re: nail EtG. Occasional use? [ 5 Answers ]

I know fingernails CAN detect alcohol by EtG back 90 days, but someone with real life experience with the test, please: occasional use? Like two drinks every other week?

Living in a house for 12 years and owner died 4 years ago [ 31 Answers ]

I have been living in a house for 12 years without a lease or rental agreement. The landlord passed away three years ago. There is no will that I am aware of and the house was verbally given to me and my husband by the deceased. The son is now telling me with no written documents that I have to...

I am 56 years old. I made joint replacement operation 3 years ago on my right hip. [ 4 Answers ]

I am 56 years old. I made joint replacement operation 3 years ago on my right hip. What kind of excesses I allowed to do in order to loss 50 kg in one year or earlier?

My first love x 20 years ago- broke my heart - tortured dreams - called me 1 week ago [ 18 Answers ]

Ok, really confused here and I am not sure why it even effects me still so badly (annoyed with that fact actually) To understand I have to tell a little story: 1. I was a kid in high school, from a small town with a crappy childhood and I fell hard for a guy that absolutely broke my heart...

View more questions Search