Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lshonie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 11:57 AM
    Chapter 13, 401K and 529 plan
    Currently filed a chapter 13 plan and I want to know if I'm able to contribute to my 401k or a 529 for my newborn. In addition, with horrible credit and a decent rate on my current mortgage can I do a refi?
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 07:06 PM
    You can't repay 401k's in a chapter 13 bankruptcy unless you are repaying 100% to your unsecured creditors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My new employer has no 401k plan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I hope this question is relevant for this forum. I got laid off from my employer in Aug, where we had a 401k plan, in which I have put in less than the annual IRS limit of $14k. Let's say I only put in $9k. My new employer does not have a 401k yet. So is there anyway I can still put...

Chapter 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I just made my last payment on my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I am waiting my discharge papers. I was told that I will still have to pay an attorney or interest to my mortgage company. Is this true?

How to get interest from 401K plan if under 59? [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone aware of a way to use the interest from a 401K plan for a person Not of retirement age? I currently lost my job, and I was wondering if there is a way to directly get Access to the interest that the 401K plan is earning, or if it possible to Transfer the 401K money to another...

Chapter 13 [ 2 Answers ]

Thank for the info,but will I be able to get a refi since I'm 4 months Behind and there calling every day telling me their going to foreclose? Last month I tried and there seamed to have many bumps in the road Because of this.my new place asked if I was in forecloser because it came Up,but I...

Chapter 1 [ 3 Answers ]

1)You can always add two numbers that have the same units.However,you cannot always add two numbers that have the same dimensions.Explain why not,and inlcude an example in your explanation. ____________________________________________ a)Is it possible for two quantities to have the same...

View more questions Search